Break out the veggies and whip up some lovely Herb Roasted Zucchini and Carrots! When it comes to delectable side dishes, roasted veggies are a no-brainer. This is one of the most versatile side dishes on SkinnyMs., and the cooking time adds to its flavor. The roasting process allows juices and sweetness to release from the vegetables, which caramelize when cooked.
Scrumptious veggies flaunt a crispy-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside texture that will tantalize your taste buds. After mixing raw produce with a few spices and a dash of oil, pop the veggie blend in the oven and allow the appliance to work its roasting magic. Delicious!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 94 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 334mg | Carbohydrates: 11g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 2g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3 |
- 2 heaping cups zucchini slices
- 1 heaping cup yellow squash slices
- 2 cups carrot slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss vegetables with olive oil, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Spread vegetables evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until crisp-tender, brown, and caramelized in places.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have something to share with us? We love hearing from our readers! Leave us a comment below.