A spicy Asian twist on a traditional cucumber salad.
Cucumbers are high in fiber, but low in calories, which makes them a great weight-loss food. They’re also high in potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin K. They’re light and crunchy, but not very flavorful, so we decided to spice them up! We added classic Asian sauces and ingredients to add a spicy kick to mild cucumbers. You’ll love the rich flavor of this spicy sesame cucumber salad, and you’ll love the health benefits. Enjoy it as a light side dish on a hot summer day and you’ll feel refreshed and invigorated.
Spicy Sesame Cucumber Salad
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups cucumber sliced into thin circles
- 1 red onion small, sliced into thin strips
- 1 jalapeno small, diced small
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, sesame seeds, and red pepper. Mix well and add the cucumber red onion, and jalapeno. Gently stir until all items are coated in the sauce.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Sign up for our newsletter, and you’ll be the first to see our newest skinny recipes!