Cucumbers are high in fiber, but low in calories, which makes them a great weight-loss food. They’re also high in potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin K. They’re light and crunchy, but not very flavorful, so we decided to spice them up! We added classic Asian sauces and ingredients to add a spicy kick to mild cucumbers. You’ll love the rich flavor of this spicy sesame cucumber salad, and you’ll love the health benefits. Enjoy it as a light side dish on a hot summer day and you’ll feel refreshed and invigorated.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 38 | Total Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 87mg | Carbohydrates: 4g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 1g | SmartPoints: 1
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups cucumber, sliced into thin circles
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, diced small
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, sesame seeds, and red pepper. Mix well and add the cucumber red onion, and jalapeno. Gently stir until all items are coated in the sauce. Sprinkle cilantro on top and serve.
Sign up for our newsletter, and you’ll be the first to see our newest skinny recipes!