Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Make it the easiest one, too, by making this sweet ricotta and fig toast. It requires virtually no prep, and is ready in five minutes. You can enjoy it at home or take it on the go on busy mornings. No matter where you indulge in this tasty breakfast, you will be glad you did. It’s a great source of fiber and protein, and is naturally sweet, creamy, and crunchy–the perfect way to start the day.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 toast with ricotta and fig | Calories: 239 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 148mg | Carbohydrates: 40g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 25g | Protein: 7g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 2 slices thick cut whole-grain oatmeal bread
- 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons pure honey
- 4 figs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Toast each slice of bread to desired done-ness. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine ricotta, lemon zest, and honey. Mix well. Spread on each slice of toast and top with sliced figs. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Enjoy!