Sweet and creamy with a light crunch!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Make it the easiest one, too, by making this sweet ricotta and fig toast. It requires virtually no prep, and is ready in five minutes. You can enjoy it at home or take it on the go on busy mornings. No matter where you indulge in this tasty breakfast, you will be glad you did. It’s a great source of fiber and protein, and is naturally sweet, creamy, and crunchy–the perfect way to start the day.
Sweet Ricotta and Fig Toast
- 2 slices thick cut oat bread optional wheat bread
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese low-fat
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons pure honey
- 4 figs sliced
- 1 tablespoon pecans chopped
- Toast each slice of bread to the desired done-ness. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine ricotta, lemon zest, and honey. Mix well.
- Spread on each slice of toast and top with sliced figs. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms