This is the perfect stuffing for a vegan Thanksgiving!
This homemade and organic vegetarian/vegan stuffing is the perfect complement to any Holiday feast! Here’s the perfect gravy for the stuffing Vegan Chickpea Gravy.
This recipe is courtesy of Lisa and Jim from the The Vegan Pact. The Vegan Pact was created by Lisa, early in 2012 after making the transition from a vegetarian lifestyle to a vegan one. Vegan cooking from scratch is Lisa’s passion, and creating organic, animal-free meals without processed food is what her life revolves around.
Thanksgiving Vegan Stuffing
- 5 cups white baguette or white sliced bread, cubed
- 5 cups whole wheat baguette or whole wheat sliced bread, cubed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups carrots shredded
- 1 1/2 cups celery diced
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss bread cubes in 1 tbsp oil then place on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Over medium heat, saute onion in 1 tbsp oil for 8 minutes or until they start to turn brown.
- When the cubes are done, toss with onions, celery, carrot, cranberries, parsley, thyme, sage, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Slowly pour veggie broth into mixture and stir.
- Grease a 13 X 9 casserole dish with 1 tsp oil then pour stuffing into it.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Then remove the cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms