Do you ever dream about foods with the power to blast fat away AND keep you feeling full all day long? Let us make your dreams come true because believe it, or not, there are foods with this power! We, at SkinnyMs. have put together a list of The 10 Best Fat Blaster Foods— foods that are filling, low in calories, and able to help improve your metabolism to help your body burn calories, as opposed to storing them as fat. Does it get much better?!
2. Oats. In addition to being low in calories, oats are filled with insoluble fiber, which is important for slowing down digestion in its later stages with purpose to make you feel fuller for a longer amount of time. Try our delicious Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal.
3. Vegetables. Like some of the above mentioned foods, vegetables are low in calories. However, they are also full of minerals that aid in metabolism. This Quinoa and Vegetable Stir-Fry combines a number of superfoods!
4. Lentils. Lentils are filling, nutritious, and full of protein. In addition to being low-calorie, they have also been proven to lower bad cholesterol. Learn more about the health benefits of lentils here.
5. Poultry. Poultry is a much better source of protein than red meat because it is lean. Poultry is low in fat and carbohydrates, but offer a lot of protein; however, it should still be consumed in moderation. Try our fan favorite, Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken.
6. Eggs. A great, low fat option for protein, eggs have many benefits, like the ability to lower cholesterol. Learn more about the health benefits of eggs here.
7. Almonds. A source of healthy fats (called unsaturated fats), almonds provide the body with satiety and the healthy fat it needs. Studies show that those who do not each such healthy fats actually gain more weight than those who do.
8. Walnuts. Like almonds, walnuts are loaded with proteins and healthy fats to keep you feeling fuller, longer. Learn why you should fall in love with a nut here.
9. Salmon. A great source of protein, and omega-3/omega-6 fatty acids. Try our Wild Salmon Vegetable Salad. It’s delicious!
10. WATER! The most obvious of the 10, water is the one fat blaster that people tend to ignore. Though not exactly a food, water is important for improving the overall metabolism of the body. Learn why water made our superfood list here.
Eat up, folks!