The ultimate guilt-free snack!
Our tuna cucumber sandwiches are the perfect guilt free snack to squash midday hunger pangs. These bite sized delights are a wonderful skinny alternative to traditional sandwiches! Instead of bread, this low-carb, protein-packed recipe relies on cucumber slices to cradle a mouthwatering mixture of tuna, onions, and savory spices.
Nutrient-Packed Cucumber Tuna Sandwiches
Nutrient-rich cucumber slices replace soggy, boring bread, and give each cucumber tuna sandwich a light, satisfying crunch that’ll take your taste buds straight out to the garden. They’re hydrating, cooling, and anti inflammatory, and are great for your skin. Combining the antioxidant power of cucumbers with the Omega-3 fatty acids in tuna is the perfect way to get the most health benefits out of your quick and delicious lunch!
Perfect for a Crowd
The best part? These cucumber tuna sandwiches are the perfect crisp, high-protein party snack! Skewer each sandwich with a toothpick for a fun, easy serving. This simple & healthy snack will make a great addition to picnics, potlucks, or family gatherings, as it is easy to assemble and packed with nutrients. If you don’t have any toothpicks on hand, feel free to just dip the slices right into the tuna for a protein-packed party dip! No matter how you choose to eat these, we know you’ll love the refreshing, savory flavors and crunchy texture!
The Best Healthy Cucumber Tuna Sandwich Recipe
- 5 ounces wild-caught tuna can
- 1/4 cup red onion or yellow, chopped
- 2 tablespoons clean mayo more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed (from 1/2 a lemon)
- 2 cucumbers partially peeled, lengthwise to create stripes, cut into 12 horizontal slices each
- Mix the tuna, mayo, onions, salt, pepper, paprika, and lemon juice in a bowl until well combined.
- Lay out half of the cucumber slices, top each with a dollop of tuna salad, and top each with a cucumber slice.
- Sandwiches can be skewered with toothpicks for easier serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
These cucumber tuna sandwiches are light yet packed with protein and nutrients. Hydrating antioxidant-rich cucumber and lean, protein packed tuna create a one-two punch that will curb your hunger and keep your taste buds happy!
Serve these little bites at your next party, munch on them as a light lunch or snack, or forego the toothpicks and turn this dish into a tuna dip with cucumber chips! They really are the ultimate guilt free snack!
More Tuna Recipes
Tuna is a high quality lean protein full of vitamins and minerals. It promotes heart and brain health, and it’s absolutely delicious! If you enjoyed this snack, you may also like these scrumptious tuna appetizers:
- Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Italian Tuna Wraps
- Grilled Tuna Tacos with Fresh Mango Salsa
- 6-Ingredient Tuna Salad Stuffed Eggs
- Lite Tuna Melt Wrap
Did you love our tuna cucumber sandwich recipe? Do you want more light twists on classic snacks? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below. Also, be sure to follow us on Pinterest to be the first to hear about our latest recipes!