The ultimate guilt-free snack, these scrumptious tuna cucumber sandwiches cut straight to the nutritional chase. These bite-sized delights make a skinny alternative to traditional sandwiches and can be gobbled up in just a few bites! Instead of bread, this protein-packed recipe relies on cucumber slices to cradle a mouthwatering mixture of tuna, onions, and savory spices.
Cucumber slices give each snack a light, refreshing character that’ll take your taste buds to the garden. Skewer each sandwich with a toothpick for fun, easy serving. The ultimate crowd-pleaser at picnics, potlucks, or family gatherings, this recipe is easy to assemble and packed with nutrients your body will thank you for.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 3 sandwiches | Calories: 81 | Total Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 276mg | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Protein: 9g | SmartPoints: 2
- 1 (5 ounce) can wild caught tuna (Safe Catch is a preferred brand)
- 1/4 cup chopped red or yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon clean mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about half a lemon)
- 2 cucumbers, partially peeled, lengthwise to create stripes, cut into 12 horizontal slices each
- Toothpicks or party skewers, optional
- Mix tuna, onions, olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and lemon juice in a bowl until well-combined.
- Lay out half of the cucumber slices, top each with tuna salad, and top each with cucumber slice.
- Sandwiches can be skewered with toothpicks for easier serving.
Love the sandwiches? Want more light twists on classic dishes? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below.