The ultimate guilt-free snack!
Our scrumptious tuna cucumber sandwiches are the perfect guilt-free snack to squash midday hunger pangs. These bite-sized delights are a wonderful skinny alternative to traditional sandwiches! Instead of bread, this low-carb, protein-packed recipe relies on cucumber slices to cradle a mouthwatering mixture of tuna, onions, and savory spices.
Cucumber slices give each snack a light, refreshing crunch that’ll take your taste buds straight out to the garden. Skewer each sandwich with a toothpick for fun, easy serving. This simple & healthy snack will make a great addition to picnics, potlucks, or family gatherings, as it is easy to assemble and packed with nutrients. If you don’t have any toothpicks on hand, feel free to just dip the slices right into the tuna! No matter how you choose to eat these, we know you’ll love the flavors!
Tuna Cucumber Sandwiches
- 5 ounces wild caught tuna can
- 1/4 cup red onion or yellow, chopped
- 2 tablespoons clean mayo more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed (from 1/2 a lemon)
- 2 cucumbers partially peeled, lengthwise to create stripes, cut into 12 horizontal slices each
- Mix tuna, mayo, onions, salt, pepper, paprika, and lemon juice in a bowl until well-combined.
- Lay out half of the cucumber slices, top each with tuna salad, and top each with a cucumber slice.
- Sandwiches can be skewered with toothpicks for easier serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you enjoyed this snack, you may also like these scrumptious tuna appetizers:
Did you love our tuna cucumber sandwiches? Do you want more light twists on classic snacks? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below. Also, be sure to follow us on Pinterest to be the first to hear about our latest recipes!