Waldorf salads are a popular choice when dining out, but can be loaded with excess fat and calories. Luckily, we’ve whipped up a healthier version! Unlike the traditional version which calls for mayonnaise, our Waldorf salad with yogurt dressing gives you less fat along with more calcium and protein. This classic salad combines creamy dressing, omega-3-rich walnuts, and fiber-packed fruits into a delicious and refreshing side.
This salad would pair nicely with a chicken entrée. Try our Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken recipe as a Waldorf salad companion. For more healthy salad dressing ideas, see 3 Easy Vinaigrette Recipes for Slimming Summer Salads.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup salad | Calories: 150 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 2 mg | Sodium: 73 mg | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 19 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints: 7 |
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, fat-free
- 1 tablespoon pure honey
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 large organic apples, cored and sliced into small cubes
- 1 Asian pear, cored, peeled, and sliced into small cubes
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced in half vertically
- 1 stalk celery thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, honey, and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a salad bowl, add yogurt dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. This salad is best if eaten the same day prepared.