A little zesty, a little spicy, but a whole lot of flavor!
Picture this: You’re sitting on the back patio on a warm summer evening surrounded by family and friends. The sun is setting, the crickets are chirping, and there’s a wonderful scent in the air. These delicious, spicy grilled pork kebabs are cooking away on the grill, releasing a mouthwatering aroma. Have I made you hungry yet?
When we say that these kebabs make the perfect summer recipe, we mean it! The zesty lime, sweet orange, spicy jalapeno, and crushed red pepper soaks into the juicy pork wonderfully. The combination of flavors will wake your taste buds up and warm your belly. Plus, at fewer than 281 calories per serving, these kebabs qualify as a low-calorie, high-protein meal! This means that you can feel good about serving them to your loved ones.
Preparing the Spicy, Zesty Marinade
All the flavors in this dish begin with the marinade! Making marinade from scratch allows us to know exactly what’s in it, which means we know what we’re putting into our bodies, too. Add the fresh lime zest, lime juice, orange juice, diced yellow onion, cilantro, jalapeno, salt, and crushed red pepper to a mixing bowl. Once this concoction is mixed sufficiently, you can add your cut up cubes of pork. Stir the pork until it’s even coated by the marinade, cover it, and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
While the pork is marinating, you can chop up your red and yellow bell peppers to get them ready for skewering. If you have some spare time, you might want to consider making one of these tasty side dishes to go along with your spicy grilled pork kebabs, too:
- 4-Ingredient Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Old-Fashioned Potato Salad
Scrumptious Kebabs for Lunch or Dinner
Once the pork has marinated for a while, you can remove it from the refrigerator. Begin skewering the pork and peppers while the grill (or oven) heats up. You should get about eight to ten skewers out of this recipe. When the kebabs are ready for the grill, it should only take about ten minutes to cook them all the way through.
Spicy Grilled Pork Kebabs for the Perfect Summer Meal
- 3 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup orange juice no sugar added
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 pound boneless pork chops thick cut, lean, and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1 inch cubes
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except the pork and bell peppers. Mix well and add the pork. Toss to coat the pork in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat or oven to 450 degrees. On skewers, place one cube of pork, followed by a cube of red pepper and a cube of yellow pepper. Repeat until the skewer is full. Again, repeat on remaining skewers until all ingredients have been used.
- Place on preheated grill (or a foil lined baking sheet in the oven) and cook for about 10 minutes, turning half way through, or until cooked completely. Serve hot, makes about 8 to 10 kebabs.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What do you think of this recipe? Are you going to try it out this summer? Be sure to let us know in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed these kebabs, we think that you’ll also want to try these tasty grilling ideas:
- Orange Glazed Chicken & Sweet Potato Kebabs
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs
- Grilled Apples, Pears & Parmigiano Reggiano Skewers