by Skinny Ms.
- Loss of Up to 10 Pounds
- Feeling & Looking Fabulous
- More Restful Sleep
- Self-Confidence Boost
- Extra Energy
- Improved Mood
- Could be Habit Forming
4 Step Weight Loss Challenge lasts, 30 days to a lifetime. You decide. Our goal in creating this challenge is to make it easy to understand, free of charge, doable for all fitness levels, and effective. Carefully read all 4 steps before beginning this challenge.
Below is the 4 Step Challenge for the next 30 days, or more if you love the results:
Step 1 – Water.
- Drink 1.9 to 2.2 liters of water each day. Or, to make it easier to remember, drink 8 to 9 (8 ounce) glasses each day. Feel free to add sliced fruit to your water for added flavor.
- Flush The Fat Away Drink recipes are acceptable in place of plain water. Since processed fruit drinks are very high in sugar content, it’s recommended that these type of drinks be limited or avoided completely over the next 30 days. If you do choose to drink fruit drinks, read the ingredients label and avoid any that have sugar or other sweeteners added.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, water flushes toxins out of vital organs and carries nutrients to your cells. Even mild dehydration can sap energy and make you tired. Water is vital for optimal health!
Step 2 – Sugar & Artificial Sweeteners
- Avoid all refined sugar and artificial sweeteners. It will be absolutely necessary to read 100% of ingredient labels on packaged foods to know whether or not they contain any type of refined sugar or artificial sweeteners. Almost all processed foods have some form of added sugar. This means that whole foods will be the biggest part of your diet over the next 30 days. To understand in full what is meant by no added sugar, read The Sweetest Challenge.
- 4 teaspoons of unrefined sweeteners, per day, is allowed. Here is a list of 10 Alternatives to Refined Sugar which can count toward the 4 teaspoons.
- In addition to the 4 daily teaspoons of unrefined sweetener, Stevia is also permitted for this challenge.
- If there is a food product with an unrefined sugar in the ingredients label, i.e. honey or molasses, there is no way to know how much has been added. Therefore, these food items should not be consumed during this challenge. The only way to know that you have had the allotted 4 teaspoons of unrefined sweetener in one day, is to measure it yourself.
- Review Other Names for Sugar which will make you better informed when reading ingredient labels.
Step 3 – Portion Control.
- All meals should be eaten on salad size plates, not traditional dinner plates. These plates are approximately 7″ in diameter.
- When eating at a restaurant, ask that your meal be served on a salad plate.
- When eating soups or stews, follow the 1 serving size, which is typically 1 to 1 1/2 cups. Soup, Stews & Chili recipes are readily available on SkinnyMs.com.
- Read the Skinny Plate Challenge for more information on portion sizes.
- Portion sizes of foods must be no larger than the palm of your hand. That means ‘normal’ restaurant portions have to be cut down in size to fit on your salad plate.
Step 4 – Exercise.
- Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes, six days a week.
- Exercise can be broken into increments of two 15 minute blocks or completed at one time
- Exercise can be weight training or cardiovascular exercise, or a combination of the two.
- It is recommend that you find workouts for your fitness level, while still challenging yourself.
Any of the following routines will work perfectly for this challenge:
- Fat Blasters
- Fitness Challenges
- Beginner Workouts
- Running for Absolute Beginners
- Running Schedule for Absolute Beginners
Tips for Success:
- Write down a plan of how you will make this challenge work.
- Avoid processed, packaged foods that are most often found on the inside aisles of grocery stores.
- Shop the outer parameter of the grocery store. Here you will find fresh fruits, vegetables, lean meats and low-fat dairy.
- Eat or drink low-fat dairy of 0% – 1% Fat
- Eat lean cuts of meat, or better yet, eat wild-caught salmon, rainbow trout and halibut
- Avoid all battered and deep fried foods
- Eat 3 small meals and 2 healthy snacks each day. Read Foods to Avoid and Foods to Eat for suggestions.
- Check out our menu planner for ideas.
- Eat one treat meal each week. Studies show that having one treat meal when working to lose weight will help you stay on track with your eating plan. Just be sure to maintain your portions. What’s a treat meal? Whatever you like. Just keep in mind, only one treat meal per week is allowed.
- No alcohol is recommended because of the high sugar content. However, if you must partake, only 1 (4 ounce) glass of alcohol per week is recommended.
- Enjoy hundreds of recipes on this site.
- Keep going after the 30 days and write down goals and a plan of how you will reach your goals.
- Read How I Have Maintained My Ideal Weight for 5 Years
For an effective guided workout program, check out:
DISCLAIMER: The 4 Step Weight Loss Challenge provided on this website is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from a physician or other healthcare professional. The 4 Step Weight Loss Challenge has not been officially evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration nor has the results been established as medical fact.
Consult a physician regarding the applicability of the 4 Step Weight Loss Challenge with respect to your individual health.
Skinny Ms. makes no warranties or representations regarding the results to be achieved from the 4 Step Weight Loss Challenge, and results are likely to vary from participant to participant.