Believe it, or not, gluten-free diets can feature all of the attributes of eating well and never skimp on flavor, texture, variety or decadence. To prove this, we’ve assembled a list of 75 gluten-free recipes you should definitely try:
1. Chili Lime Shrimp with Quinoa Pilaf (pictured above). When this mouthwatering shrimp is paired with the quinoa side dish, the combination makes a delightful meal that is perfect for entertaining.
2. Simply Sauteed Lemon Tilapia. If you’re looking for a fast, easy, and gluten-free dinner, start with this five-ingredient tilapia. Also great for topping off a salad.
3. Grilled Garlic Lemon Chicken (Mamma’s Gluten Free Recipes). Eat this tender, juicy chicken as a standalone dish or slice it up and add it to some salad greens or gluten-free pasta.
4. Molasses Brined Pork Chops with Roasted Apples & Balsamic Glaze (simply gluten-free®). Molasses gives a clever sweetness to this decadent entrée.
5. Perfect Roast Chicken (Elana’s Pantry). Skip the store-bought rotisserie chicken and make one yourself with this simple and savory recipe.
6. Blackened Catfish with Cantaloupe Salsa (Tasty Eats at Home). A delicious fruit salsa brightens up this blackened catfish recipe.
Shrimp Pasta Salad Photo: No Gluten, No Problem
7. Shrimp Pasta Salad (No Gluten, No Problem). A salad of baby spinach and tomatoes is tossed with shrimp, herbs and a lemon vinaigrette to provide a lovely, light main dish.
8. Walnut Rosemary Crusted Chicken (All Day I Dream About Food). Crushed walnuts and rosemary provide a great alternative to breaded chicken.
9. Grilled Peach BBQ Chicken Wings (Silvana’s Kitchen). Tangy peaches kick these BBQ wings up a notch.
10. Hawaiian Chicken Salad with Soy-free Dressing (Daily Bites Blog). Bring the tastes of Hawaii to your table with this gluten- and dairy-free dish.
11. Gluten-Free and Vegan Risotto (Go Dairy Free). This delicious risotto recipe has tons of creamy goodness without any gluten or dairy.
12. Moo Shoo Beef (Carla’s Gluten Free Recipe Box) (Recommend using honey instead of sugar). Get the enjoyment of Chinese takeout without the gluten with this easy recipe.
13. Cellophane Noodles with Crispy Vegetables (Golubka). Go gluten-free Asian-style with this vegetable-packed dish.
14. Easy Baked Paleo Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce (Allergy Free Alaska). A great recipe for kids or adults who want to eat like kids.
15. Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Seasonal Vegetables. A great, vegetarian-friendly dish that can be made in a jar for an easy lunch, or for a complete dinner. This salad is made with quinoa, which is a complete protein, veggies and drizzled with our homemade vinaigrette.
Sides and Salads
16. Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Southwestern Style. If you think a baked sweet potato is only good topped with butter and sugar and served alongside a steak, this stuffed potato recipe will change your mind.
17. Clean Eating Garlic Parmesan Quinoa (The Gracious Pantry). This recipe from The Gracious Pantry makes a great side dish to go with lean meat or as a main dish for Meatless Mondays.
18. Spicy Cauliflower Salad (simply gluten-free®). You’ve probably never thought the words “addictive” and “cauliflower” in the same sentence. Until now, that is.
19. Braised Kale with Sesame Seeds (Gluten Free Mommy). Looking to try kale? Start than with this easy recipe.
20. Asparagus Salad with Raspberry Almond Vinaigrette (Gluten Free Mommy). People who hesitate to eat asparagus will most likely have a change of heart after trying this recipe.
21. Black Olive Hummus (Gluten Free Cooking School). Just keep a few cans of black olives and chickpeas in the pantry, and this can become a quick and easy go-to dip for entertaining.
22. Pizza Hummus (Whole New Mom). This hummus is especially kid-friendly with its yummy pizza flavoring.
23. Watermelon-Cucumber Salad with Basil (Tasty Eats at Home). This light, juicy salad is a nice one to try when you’re tired of more traditional combinations.
24. Zucchini and Feta Fritters (All Day I Dream About Food) (Recommend using grapeseed or safflower oil). When fried in a healthier oil, these crispy fritters are a nice way to get the fam to eat more veggies.
Roasted Beets with Blueberry Balsamic Reduction Photo: Life as a Plate
25. Roasted Beets with Blueberry Balsamic Reduction (Life as a Plate). Sweet, tangy blueberries balance out the bitter tartness of the beets in this recipe, which is not only fun to eat, but also to look at.
26. Peruvian Stuffed Avocados (Go Dairy Free) (Recommend using agave or honey instead of sugar in the dressing). Full of healthy, monounsaturated fats, these avocados stuffed with veggies and quinoa really hit the spot.
27. Southwestern-Style Bean & Avocado Salad (Gluten Free Diva). This easy-to-throw –together salad has been given signature Southwestern flavor with cumin and lime.
28. Easy Vegetable Gluten Free Pasta Salad (Carla’s Gluten Free Recipe Box). A great, tasty pasta salad when you need a side dish in a hurry.
29. Fruit and Root Salad (Golubka). This artful salad is great for eaters looking to explore new flavors.
30. Asian Ginger Sesame Slaw (Allergy Free Alaska). This Asian side dish is both flavorful and kid friendly.
Soups and Stews
31. Skinny Slow Cooker Savory Superfood Soup. This delicious soup is loaded with good-for-you ingredients and actually helps promote weight loss, since it has only 157 calories and one gram of fat per serving. Eat up!
32. Slow Cooker Chicken Chili. Store this easy-to-assemble chili in the fridge the night before, add the chicken the next morning and and slow cooker for 8 hours. You’ll have a scrumptious dinner waiting after a long day at work.
33. Five Minute Creamy Thai Soup (simply gluten-free®). This soup is amazingly creamy without any dairy, and it’s ready in a jiffy. What’s better than that?
34. Butternut Squash Chili (Gluten-Free Goddess®). This savory chili has a fresh, vibrant taste with a Southwestern twist. Adding a splash of lime juice just before serving brightens the flavor and teases your taste buds.
35. Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup (She Let Them Eat Cake).This sweet and spicy stick-to-your-ribs soup contains a significant amount of vitamin A to help stave off icky colds and flu.
36. Skinny Slow Cooker – Fiesta Chicken Soup. Our Fiesta Chicken Soup is made with a southwestern flare and takes just a few minutes to prepare. This recipe calls for adding everything to a slow cooker, turn to low, and cook for 6 – 8 hours. Easy Peasy!
37. Peanut Butter Chickpea Soup (No Gluten, No Problem). This unlikely flavor combination may sound strange at first, but it actually makes a delightfully hearty and flavorful soup.
Cream of Endive Soup Photo: All Day I Dream About Food
38. Cream of Endive Soup with Rosemary Parmesan Crisps (All Day I Dream About Food). Endive – a leafy vegetable in the same family as radicchio and escarole – thickens and adds lots of good-for-you nutrients to this comforting soup.
39. Beef “Schtoup” (Life as a Plate). This yummy “schtoup” – which has a consistency somewhere between a soup and a stew – uses squash puree in lieu of flour as a thickening agent.
40. Spicy Red Bell Pepper Cream Soup (Go Dairy Free) (Vegan). Add some spice to your lunch with this luscious, creamy soup made with veggies, herbs and raw cashews.
41. Curried Butternut Squash & Apple Soup (Gluten Free Diva). A surprisingly tasty flavor combination, this sweet and spicy soup is a treat.
42. Chilled Parsley and Pea Soup (My New Roots). A great, easy-to-make lunch soup that can be eaten directly from the fridge at home or at work.
43. Simple Strawberry Gazpacho (Golubka). This sweet gazpacho is another great cold soup to have on hand for a quick lunch.
44. Melissa’s Medicinal Soup (Gluten Free for Good). Feel a case of the ah-choo’s coming on? This soup will not only comfort and warm your insides, but it also packs a ton of healthy ingredients to boost your immune system.
Breakfast and Breads
45. Individual Egg & Spinach Bowls. This easy prep breakfast is perfect for those busy mornings and can be prepared and added to the bowls the night before.
46. Paleo Pumpkin Bread (Elana’s Pantry). Roasted pumpkin makes this bread especially rich and satisfying.
47. Cranberry Nut Bread (Elana’s Pantry). Coconut flour makes this fruity nut bread unique.
48. Polenta French Toast (Gluten Free on a Shoestring). Try polenta in a whole new way with this sweet and simple recipe.
49. Crustless Vegetable Quiche – This easy prep quiche can be prepared for breakfast or dinner. Either way, you’ll enjoy this gluten free recipe.
50. Gluten Free and Vegan Apple Bread (She Let Them Eat Cake). This sweet bread is great for breakfast time, snack time, or, well, anytime.
51. 3 Ingredient Buckwheat Pancakes (Whole New Mom). These amazing pancakes are made with just buckwheat flour, salt, water and an egg.
52. Rosemary Olive Oil Bread (Life as a Plate). This savory bread is great aside entrees or when used for sandwiches.
53. Cocoa Nib Almond Butter Smoothie (Silvana’s Kitchen) (Also dairy free). This protein-packed smoothie is great for breakfast or a mid-afternoon pick-me-up. Not into almond butter? Use peanut butter instead.
54. Banana Pumpkin Chai Muffins (Daily Bites Blog). These not-too-sweet muffins can be enjoyed as a breakfast treat or with a bowl of hot soup or stew.
Banana Bread Photo: Deliciously Organic
55. Gluten-Free Banana Bread (Deliciously Organic). This banana bread recipe has lots of potential variations. Try it plain or with an add-in, such as walnuts, chocolate chips, or zucchini.
56. Multi-grain Gluten Free Banana Pancakes (Gluten Free Diva). These pancakes taste just like the real deal, but without gluten, eggs or dairy.
57. Black Quinoa Corn Muffins (My New Roots). These corn muffins are gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, egg-free, wheat-free and soy-free – but full of flavor.
58. Almond Quick Bread (Simply Vintage Girl). This simple but tasty recipe is great to make for breakfast or to put alongside hot soup.
59. Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Coffee Cake (Gluten Free for Good). Four words: pumpkin pie for breakfast. Need we say more?
60. Skinny Mini Desserts – Quinoa Almond Joy Bars. At only 94 calories per serving, you can feel free to pop one of these in when an urge for sweets starts to hit.
61. Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Sherbet (Gluten-Free Goddess®). So refreshing and sweet, without any dairy. Note: Organic Cane Sugar can be substituted with (unrefined) Coconut Palm Sugar.
62. Apple Butter Cake with Buttered Caramel Frosting (Jules Gluten Free™). This apple butter cake lacks butter, milk, and eggs, but it lacks nothing in taste or texture.
Coconut Bread Pudding Cupcakes: Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
63. Coconut Bread Pudding Cupcakes with Raw Macadamia Nut Frosting (dairy free) (Simply Sugar and Gluten Free). These cupcakes are just as decadent and delicious as they sound.
64. Yummy Gummy Candy (Whole New Mom). This sugar-free candy recipe is flavored with all-natural juice concentrate and stevia.
65. Chocolate Chip Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze (Allergy Free Alaska). Oh, yes. You can now have doughnuts, too.
66. Lush Lemon Frozen Yogurt. This light, luscious ice cream alternative is made with clean eating ingredients, including super-nutritious Greek yogurt.
67. Nut Cups (No Gluten, No Problem). This gluten-free version of a seasonal staple is great to have on-hand for holiday parties.
68. Dairy-free Strawberries N’ Cream Pops (Silvana’s Kitchen) (Recommend using honey or agave and coconut cream). Healthy, yummy, creamy strawberry goodness on a stick. Yay!
69. Chocolate Peanut Butter Lollipop Bars (Daily Bites Blog). These yummy, peanut-buttery crispy bars make being gluten free so much easier.
70. Grain-Free Oatmeal Cookies with Marshmallow Frosting (Deliciously Organic). Move over, Little Debbie. We now have oatmeal cream pies without the gluten or artificial ingredients.
71. Gluten-Free Thumbprint Cookies Made with Almond Flour (Carla’s Gluten Free Recipe Box). These gluten-free cookies are sweetened with maple syrup and stay naturally sugar-free if you fill them with all-fruit spread.
72. Sweet Potato Hummus (My New Roots). Hummus, for dessert? We like it!
73. Chocolate Chip Cookie Squares (Simply Vintage Girl). Never fear –we can’t have a dessert list without chocolate chip cookies! Enjoy!
74. Ruby Red Beet Cupcakes (Gluten Free for Good). Before your turn up your nose at the thought of beets in a dessert, give this a try! The beets make these cupcakes extra-moist and even give the cupcakes a red-velvet-cake-ish look.
75. Pumpkin Pie (The Spunky Coconut). Thanks to The Spunky Coconut, you, too, can indulge in pumpkin pie this holiday season, in a healthier, gluten-free way.
Have you tried any awesome gluten-free recipes? We’d love to hear about it. Leave us a message in the comment section below.