Whether you’re living a gluten-free lifestyle or have a family member who is gluten intolerant, you know how challenging it can be to find gluten-free dishes. So many recipes use ingredients that contain wheat, rye, barley, or triticale (which is a cross between rye and wheat). If you want to control the inflammation caused by celiac disease, you need good-for-your-body recipes, so check out these 10 gluten-free entrées under 287 calories.
Which gluten-free entrées help control symptoms? Look for recipes with fresh, lean meats, poultry, and fish—just be sure the food isn’t coated in or marinated with gluten-containing foods. You can also eat certain grains, including flax, millet, rice, and quinoa. (Learn to prepare perfect quinoa in 6 steps.) Flours without gluten are also fine, like bean, potato, corn, and rice.
Recipes with fruits and veggies are a smart addition to any low-calorie gluten-free foods diet. One of the reasons to reach for vegetables and fruits is that they will provide some of the vitamins you may not get because you cannot eat certain grains. For example, dark, leafy veggies provide folate. Many of the recipes below are heavy on vegetables, from sweet potatoes to carrots to corn. Also check out the yummy Pomegranate Chicken Breast recipe below for a low-calorie dish without gluten. To find more foods that won’t cause inflammation, check out 26 Gluten-Free Foods the Whole Family Will Enjoy.
As you shop for ingredients for gluten-free meals, remember to keep an eye on the ingredient labels. Sometimes foods that naturally have no gluten are processed in facilities that also process or package gluten foods. Always read labels for packaged foods, like beans, to ensure you’re getting a product with no traces of the grains that make you feel sick.
10 Gluten-Free Entrées Under 287 Calories:
- Skinny Quinoa Skillet Supper 109 calories per serving.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Roast only 107 calories for one serving.
- Southwestern Black Bean & Veggie Soup has 184 calories for a big serving of 1 1/2 cups.
- Turkey Cutlets with Quinoa Pilaf is 286 calories which includes both the cutlet and pilaf side dish.
- Hearty Vegetable & Bean Soup at 183 calories for a whopping 1 1/2 cups of pure delight.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili is a mere 142 calories.
- Quinoa with Black Beans comes in at just 201 calories per serving.
- Lentil & Veggie Stew has a hefty serving at only 184 calories for one serving.
- Pomegranate Chicken Breast is ultra moist, slow cooked to perfection and only 279 calories per serving.
- Honey Dijon Salmon with a Hint of Lemon is made with wild Alaskan Salmon and just 245 calories for an individual serving.
Don’t miss the Top 20 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes on SkinnyMs.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.