Yields: 4 servings | Serving size: 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 318 | Previous Points: 7 | Points Plus: 8 | Total Fat: 13 gm | Saturated Fats: 1 gm | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 4 mg | Sodium: 389 mg | Carbohydrates: 41 gm | Dietary fiber: 6 gm | Sugars: 5 gm | Protein:11 gm
- 8 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 12 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, diced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (eliminate to make vegetarian)
- 1 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Sea or kosher salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Cook pasta until al dente.
In the meantime, while pasta is cooking, add to large skillet olive oil, turn to medium-low heat and saute garlic until fragrant, about one minute. Add to skillet tomatoes, artichoke hearts, anchovy paste, capers, red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt and basil, saute another 2 minutes. Add vegetable broth, stir to combine...saute one additional minute.
Add drained pasta to skillet along with spinach, toss to combine. Cover and allow spinach to wilt, about 1 minute. Top with parmesan cheese.
We love this dish hot or cold...it's so easy to prepare and the taste is amazing.
NOTE: The anchovy paste in the recipe does not make the pasta taste fishy or like anchovies in the least. The anchovy paste is very subtle and adds that extra special something that makes the taste POP!
Don’t miss these recipe roundups: