RECIPE SIGNUP: If you’re interested in receiving the newest and best Slow Cooker recipes via email from Skinny Ms., signup here:¬†eNewsletter Signup.
Yields: 6 | Serving Size: 1 Cup | Calories: 255 | Previous Points: 5 | Points Plus: 7 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 24 mg | Sodium: 468 mg | Carbohydrates: 31 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 16 g | Protein:18 g
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 1.5 pounds), cut into 2" cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, sliced into 1" strips
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in natural juice
- 2 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos (gluten free) or lite soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- NOTE: Bragg Liquid Aminos is a gluten free, natural soy sauce alternative...and low in sodium.
Recommend using a 4-7 quart slow-cooker.
Pour juice from canned pineapple chunks into a small mixing bowl. Add to juice, Bragg Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce), garlic, ginger and honey, whisk to combine. Add cornstarch and stir until combined.
Place chicken in slow-cooker, add pineapple chunks. Pour pineapple mixture over chicken, cover and cook on low 4-5 hours. Add bell peppers the last 15 minutes of cook time. Serve chicken over a bed of quinoa or brown rice.
Learning to cook with quinoa is simple! ¬†The New Quinoa eBook ~ A Healthy Alternative to Traditional Recipes,¬†offers¬†10 Mouthwatering Quinoa Recipes plus a Bonus Dessert Recipe, and they¬†Vegetarian Friendly.¬†Get your copy today!
Click here for the¬†Top 10 Slow Cooker Recipes on Skinny Ms.