What’s on your menu this week? If the answer is “Um…” or “I don’t know…”, then we have help coming your way! Here are seven dinners and one shopping list to make the week a little smoother.
Easy dinner ideas don’t have to destroy your weight loss goals or add inches to your waist. One of the best ways to ensure healthy eating is to plan meals in advance. Make it part of your routine to sit down for a few minutes before the weekly grocery trip to plan the menu. It helps ensure you have ingredients on hand, and it helps you avoid the “I have no idea what’s for dinner” hassle that we’ve all experienced.
Our recipes are a body-friendly alternative to processed meals, whether they’re the frozen variety or the boxed kind with powdered who-knows-what. Regularly eating whole foods provides the nutrients your body needs to operate at maximum, so you’re ready for anything, from trying a new workout to rocking the to-do list.
This dish is one of those easy dinner ideas that’s both healthy and hearty.
We love this healthy recipe because it’s so versatile–use it as a catch-all for leftover veggies you might have from previous dinners or side dishes.
3. Whole Wheat Pasta with Quinoa (Meatless) Meatballs
Enjoy the Italian flavor you crave–minus the excess calories and fat–with this crockpot recipe that’s ready to go when you are.
7. Beef Tips Sandwich (leftovers from the previous night)
Scoop warm leftovers from last night’s dinner into whole wheat rolls for a tasty second-take dinner.
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 onions
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 bunch flat leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1 small bunch fresh oregano
- 8 ounces baby bella (cremini) mushrooms
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce or 1 package baby lettuce or your favorite greens for salad
- 1 box of your favorite whole wheat/ whole grain pasta
- 1 jar of no-sugar added marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken broth, fat free, low sodium
- 2-1/2 cups beef broth, fat free, low sodium
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can Cannellini or Navy beans
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can Kidney beans
- 1 cup dry green lentils
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in olive oil)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs or whole wheat panko
- 4 (6 ounce) wild-caught sockeye salmon fillets
- 8-10 (3.5 pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1-3/4 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 whole wheat/ whole grain rolls or hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon dry red wine
- 3 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup canola oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (chili flakes)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons blackened seasoning/ cajun seasoning
Check out SkinnyMs. on Pinterest. We share easy dinner ideas and meal planning resources, including 30-Minute Meals.
Let us know what your favorite SkinnyMs. recipe is by sharing in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you!