Any time is the right time to kick start your clean eating lifestyle. Take the next 7 days and reboot your health and wellbeing with the SkinnyMs. 30-Day Clean Eating Challenge! Start by spending 30 days steering clear of prepackaged and processed foods with ingredients you can’t pronounce. Rid your diet of refined sugars and flours. Eat whole, clean meals that will fuel your body and leave you feeling energized and sustained.
It typically takes 30 days or less to turn a behavior into a habit. The first step is to commit to the challenge. Once you’ve committed to eating clean for 30 days, your body will follow as your mind directs.
Here’s a favorite quote that’s also a big motivator in winning any challenge:
“Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up…” George S. Patton
Clean Eating Challenge
1. Opt for whole, fresh fruits. Fresh fruits and veggies are full of the nutrients and fiber your body needs.
2. Whole grains. Replace your refined white rice and white bread, both of which have been stripped of their fiber and nutrients, with whole grains such as brown rice and quinoa.
3. 5 ingredients or less. Stick to recipes with five ingredients or fewer, and be sure you can pronounce each ingredient.
4. Would you find it on the store shelf? When reading ingredient lists on a package, ask yourself if you would find each ingredient by itself on a store shelf or in your kitchen. If the answer is no, back away.
5. Meal planning. Taking the time to plan out your meals in advance can prove to be well worth it. For help with meal planning, check out our 7-Day Clean Eating Meal Plan and our 5-Day Clean Eating Dinner Plan.
6. Stay stocked. To ensure that you always have clean, healthy choices available to you, keep your pantry stocked, and a variety of clean eating snacks on hand for when hunger hits. For a list of deliciously clean snacks, check out our 50 Clean Eating Snacks.
7. Fill up on water. Drinking at least four to six glasses of pure water every day will help you stay hydrated.
8. Eat less, but more frequently. Eat smaller portioned meals, more frequently throughout the day, instead of three large ones.
9. Eat veggies. Stock up on vegetables to fill your body with nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants.
10. Dine in. Cooking your own clean meals will not only ensure that you are eating fresh, clean foods, but it will also save you money. Looking for yummy dinner recipes? Give these a try:
With these 10 tips, you are sure to tackle the 30-day clean eating challenge with ease. Your body will be cleansed of harsh preservatives and chemicals, and you’ll feel better than ever. Once you’ve completed 30 days, we are convinced you’ll try 3o more.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from SkinnyMs. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.