There’s no rule regarding which ingredients to add to Asian mixed rice dishes. Think of Asian cooking as an opportunity to revive leftover ingredients. If you think the flavors are complimentary, then experimenting is your next new kitchen adventure.
We are sharing a recipe that has been cooked so many times in our kitchen and has earned a slot in our list of keepers. Try it to see if it becomes a keeper in your kitchen as well!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: | Calories: 439 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 23 mg | Sodium: 431 mg | Carbohydrates: 68 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 17 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 13
- 1 (5 ounce) chicken breast filet, sliced to strips
- 2 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup roasted peppers, sliced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce, optional Tamari
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup (raw) cashews
- Over medium heat, in a large saucepan with extra-virgin olive oil, sautè the chicken until cooked through and golden.
- Add the peas and cook for about 7 minutes with the chicken.
- Add the pineapple and and roasted peppers. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix well with the other ingredients.
- Season with the soy sauce, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Mix in the cashews.
If you liked this rice recipe, you would also love our other rice dishes:
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.