Mix up any flavor you like!
There’s no rule regarding which ingredients to add to Asian mixed rice dishes. Think of Asian cooking as an opportunity to revive leftover ingredients. If you think the flavors are complementary, then experimenting is your next new kitchen adventure.
We are sharing a recipe that has been cooked so many times in our kitchen and has earned a slot in our list of keepers. Try it to see if it becomes a keeper in your kitchen as well!
Asian Stir-Fry with Cashews & Chicken
- 5 ounces boneless and skinless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup peas frozen
- 3/4 cup roasted peppers sliced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 4 cups brown rice cooked
- 1/4 cup soy sauce light, optional tamari
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup cashews raw
- Over medium heat, in a large saucepan with extra-virgin olive oil, sautè the chicken until cooked through and golden.
- Add the peas and cook for about 7 minutes with the chicken.
- Add the pineapple and roasted peppers. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix well with the other ingredients.
- Season with the soy sauce, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Mix in the cashews.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you liked this rice recipe, you would also love our other rice dishes:
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.