A new take on your mid-day sandwich!
Are you tired of your usual egg salad, chicken salad, or tuna salad sandwiches? Try one of your favorite, creamy, delicious vegetarian spread as a sandwich filler. Our Avocado Salad Sandwich recipe is as light and healthy as can be. It adds a creamy goodness that tastes scrumptious between two pieces of bread, but has a refreshing, green taste that won’t weigh you down.
Avocado are prized for their nutritional content. This fruit grows on the avocado tree, and contains vitamins and minerals in high quantities that beat out many other healthy fruits and veggies. A single avocado contains more potassium than a banana. And while avocados do contain fat, their fatty acid is called oleic acid, an anti-inflammatory and cancer fighter that is a truly healthy fat. Avocado contain a hearty dose of dietary fiber, and while it is high in antioxidants itself, it also does something most fruits and veggies don’t: it allows you to absorb carotenoids and vitamins A, D, E, and K, from other foods.
Our avocado salad is a cinch to put together. Simply mix your creamy avocado with onion, basil, salt, pepper, and olive oil, for a healthy spread. Topped with tomatoes, this sandwich delivers a mix of cream and crunch, and the tomatoes boost its nutritional value as well. Whip this up any time you’re feeling rushed at lunch hour. It’s a convenient, delicious, and healthy meal!
Avocado Salad Sandwich
- 1 avocado small, halved & pitted
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil fresh, finely chopped
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 cup arugula
- 6 red onion slices
- 4 tomato slices
- Spoon out the pulp of the avocado the transfer it to a bowl. Mix in the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and basil then mash altogether using a fork.
- Toast the bread lightly.
- To make the sandwich, layer some arugula, tomatoes, onions then the avocado.
- Slice the sandwiches in half.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More Avocado Recipes to be Creative with:
Make sure you subscribe to our daily newsletter so you don’t miss out anything on Skinny Ms.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.