They're so good, you may even want them in the middle of the day just because!
Who can resist a homemade biscuit hot from the oven? Our Butternut Squash Biscuits are just as irresistible as your traditional homemade biscuit. But, we added a few extra ingredients to make things interesting and nutritious. We’ve added lemon and spices, sweetened them lightly with coconut sugar, and incorporated butternut squash puree into the dough to give these biscuits a unique flavor. Slather them in cinnamon butter or light cream cheese and you’ll be scarfing down a whole batch before you know it!
These butternut squash biscuits can be enjoyed on a weekend morning for breakfast or brunch, with a holiday meal, or as part of a fall dinner menu. They’re so good, you may even want them in the middle of the day just because!
Butternut Squash Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter melted, plus 1 tablespoon for tops
- 1/2 cup butternut squash puree optional pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in one bowl. Then mix together the wet ingredients in a separate bowl, until the butter is incorporated. Save the 1 tablespoon butter for later. Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and work into a dough.
- Place dough onto a floured surface and roll out to about ¾ inch thick. Cut into 2-inch circles and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Once out of the oven, brush the tops with melted butter. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What side dishes will you be serving up at holiday dinners this season? Let us know in the comments section below!