Add a creamy touch to your snack or lunch! This classic with an avocado twist is sure to fill you up!
Who doesn’t love avocado? The yummy green fruit has become a staple in almost every kitchen, and for good reason. This super ingredient brings health benefits like fiber, potassium, vitamin K, and omega-3 fatty acids to any dish. Plus, its refreshing flavor adds a boost to anything it touches. Including this Caprese Smashed Avocado Toast. Tomato, mozzarella, basil, and a sweet balsamic drizzle sets this toast apart.
If you’re looking to spice up your breakfast or brunch, give this recipe a try. It even makes a great appetizer for summer parties. You can use your garden tomatoes and basil and serve it on smaller slices of bread. Whether you share it with guests or keep it all to yourself, you’ll want to make it again and again.
Caprese and Smashed Avocado Toast
- 1/4 cup dark balsamic vinegar
- 1 avocado peeled and pit removed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 slices rye bread thick-cut, toasted
- 1 roma tomato diced into medium chunks
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese fresh, low-fat, diced into bite-size chunks
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, chopped
- In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar to a low boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until sauce has reduced and thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine the avocado and lemon juice. Mash until the avocado is smooth, a few chunks are ok. Spread the avocado evenly between the four slices of rye bread. Top with the tomato and mozzarella.
- Drizzle with cooled balsamic sauce and sprinkle with fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms