Ditch the take-out menu and try these chicken and broccoli diet recipes instead!
Forget takeout! Make your own delicious Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry at home with these quick and easy chicken and broccoli diet recipes! Here, you’re just a skillet away from throwing together this foolproof weeknight dish. Crisp, juicy chicken teams up with tender broccoli, and bathes in a mouthwatering sauce that makes this dish truly irresistible.
A Takeout Classic Gets a Skinny Makeover
Chicken and broccoli star in a classic Chinese takeout dish that’ll never lose popularity. Unfortunately, the dynamic duo doesn’t hold the same reputation for its nutritional status. But with our chicken and broccoli diet recipes, this ultra-simple dish offers a great source of lean protein and a boatload of vitamins. Broccoli also contains anti-inflammatory detoxification properties you can feel good about. And finally, our stir-fry goes easy on the oil, shaving off a great deal of calories compared to conventional recipes.
Let’s Talk About Broccoli
Broccoli makes up the bulk of this scrumptious stir-fry, and we wouldn’t want the superfood to go unacknowledged! The green veggie is a powerhouse of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. An excellent source of bioactive compounds, broccoli can help reduce inflammation and protect against certain types of cancer. Meanwhile, the tender cruciferous veggie contains a heaping dose of vitamin C, meaning it has potent immune-boosting properties.
We could go on and on about the versatile vegetable, and its endless list of health benefits. But instead, here are a few more broccoli-themed recipes that top the charts.
This Recipe Uses 100% Clean Ingredients
This one-pan meal uses clean-eating ingredients your body and waistline will thank you for! First, our chicken and broccoli diet recipes subs lite soy sauce in for conventional soy sauce, which keeps the salt content in check. Drool-worthy chicken pieces are studded with toasted sesame seeds, of course, which bring out those fantastic Asian flavors. Joined by yummy broccoli florets, the medley is then cooked in a delectable sauce bursting with bright, invigorating flavors of honey, lemon juice, and sesame oil. When finished, pair this wholesome recipe with a side of brown rice or quinoa!
A Savory Solution to a Weeknight Rut
With just 5 minutes of prep and 25 minutes of cook time, this stir-fry will save you on busy weeknights. Not to mention, with just one pan involved this recipe won’t leave you with much cleanup at all! Loaded with vitamins and nutrients, this protein-packed dish makes a healthful, delicious answer to dinner any night of the week!
Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce optional tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or flour
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 onion medium, coarsely chopped
- 1 1-inch ginger root peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Set mixture aside.
- Over medium-low heat in a large skillet or wok, toast sesame seeds for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Place toasted seeds in a bowl and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the same skillet, turn to medium heat and cook chicken until lightly golden. Add onions, ginger, broccoli, and pepper. sauté for 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, add soy sauce mixture and toss to combine. Cook until sauce is desired thickness, but no more than 5 minutes. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve. Enjoy!
- Enjoy Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry with brown rice or quinoa.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’re big fans of one-pan meals here at Skinny Ms., thanks to their stress-free simplicity and tastiness, of course! For more skillet recipes that’ll become regulars at your dinner table, check out some of our top picks below!
- Lemon Salmon with Roasted Asparagus
- Mediterranean Chicken Meatballs, Tomatoes, and Chickpeas
- Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- Oven Skirt Steak with Broccolini and White Beans
- Rosemary Chicken and Root Vegetables
If you liked these chicken and broccoli diet recipes, be sure to subscribe to our eNewsletter for the latest updates. Our Facebook and Pinterest pages are followed by thousands of people interested in delicious recipes, healthy living tips, and resources. Join us!
Editor’s Note: This recipe was originally published on August 3, 2016.