You’re a skillet away from this delicious Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry! In this quick and easy Southeast Asian-inspired recipe, all the magic occurs in a single pot and yields a highly nutritious dish bursting with flavor. Crisp, tender chicken accompanied by juicy broccoli is bathed in a mouthwatering sauce.
This ultra-simple dish offers a great source of lean protein and packs a boatload of vitamins. Broccoli also contains anti-inflammatory detoxification properties. Pair the dish with a side of brown rice for a wholesome dinner and enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 256 | Total Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 475mg | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Protein: 35g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce, optional Tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or flour
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.25 pounds chicken breast filets, cubed
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (1-inch) ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Set mixture aside.
- Over medium-low heat in a large skillet or wok, toast sesame seeds for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Place toasted seeds in a bowl and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the same skillet, turn to medium heat and cook chicken until lightly golden. Add onions, ginger, broccoli, and pepper. sauté for 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, add soy sauce mixture and toss to combine. Cook until sauce is desired thickness, but no more than 5 minutes. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve. Enjoy!
- Enjoy Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry with brown rice or quinoa.
More Healthy One-Pot Dishes to Enjoy:
If you like what you see on SkinnyMs., subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates. Our Facebook and Pinterest pages are followed by thousands of people interested in delicious recipes, healthy living tips, and resources. Join us!
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave us a comment below.