Slow cook chicken to juicy perfection.
Do you want a truly wholesome recipe without tons of prep time? Are you looking for comfort food that pads your heart and soul, not your butt and thighs? We hear you. That is why we have brought you our ultra-comforting yet refreshingly easy version of a beloved crock-pot classic. Our Crock-Pot Rustic Chicken Stew will warm your soul and deliver that homey goodness you long for. And it calls for an incredibly simple preparation process. What more could you ask for?
Skinless chicken thighs provide flavor, minus the fat. After a minimal amount of slicing and dicing (or buy your veggies prepared!), toss everything into the crock-pot and this tasty, heart-warming chicken stew dish will practically cook itself. Freshly cracked pepper adds some zing. Don’t be afraid to play with more or less spice depending on your mood. We encourage moody cooking over here at Skinny Ms. If it’s not fun, it’s not cooking! So go on, get your crock-pot chicken stew a-stewin’ and sit back and feel good about yourself – you deserve it.
A super popular crock-pot ingredient is chicken. In fact, we at Skinny Ms. have a significant number of crock-pot chicken recipes in our recipe archive to share with you. This particular recipe targets any cozy family kitchen craving something homey: a rustic chicken stew with everyday ingredients. Throw in some carrots, tomatoes, celery, and potatoes to accompany the chicken, and your healthy, delicious meal is complete. This dish is perfect for busy bees always on the move who still want to enjoy something tasty and loaded with health benefits.
Crock-Pot Rustic Chicken Stew
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken thighs optional chicken breast filets
- 3 carrots medium, peeled and round slices
- 3 potatoes medium, peeled and cubed
- 2 tomatoes medium, or 8 cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion medium, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stalk coarsely chopped
- 3 bay leaves torn in half
- 3 cups chicken broth fat-free
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly-cracked
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine all the ingredients, except the cornstarch, in the crock-pot then set on low for 8 hours, or high 4 hours.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, combine the cornstarch with one cup of the stew liquid in a small bowl. Whisk until the mixture becomes smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture to the chicken stew, stir and cook until it thickens up slightly.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Did you love this flavorful dish? Hungry for more crockpot recipes featuring juicy, delicious, protein-packed chicken? We’ve got you covered. Take a look at the recipes below!
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.