Mix up a rainbow in your salad bowl!
Fresh fruits are daily essentials, especially in the warm weather, when their water and nutrient content replenishes us. Each fruit contains different nutrients, so combining a variety of fruits in one bowl maximizes our meal’s health quotient! A rainbow of different fruits is not only healthy, but a feast for the eys!
Goji berries, also known as wolfberries, hail from Asia and are considered very nutritious. Mix dried Goji berries in your salads and enjoy their health benefits, and their vibrant orange-red color!
Fresh Summer Fruit Salad with Basil Syrup
- 1/4 cup basil leaves fresh, torn in half
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar blonde or organic can sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and quartered or halved depending on size
- 4 kiwi fruits peeled and sliced
- 4 oranges peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup dried goji berries
- basil fresh, or mint leaves; for garnish (optional)
- Over medium heat, in a small pot, mix the basil, sugar, and water. When it boils, turn down the heat to low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until it reaches a syrupy consistency.
- Discard the basil and transfer the syrup to a small bowl or jar if you are storing it. Let it cool. Refrigerate if you are not using it immediately.
- In a small bowl, mix the goji berries, 3 tablespoons of the basil syrup, and 3 tablespoons of water to soften them.
- In four individual bowls, distribute the fruits and softened goji berries.
- Sweeten with the basil syrup.
- Garnish with basil or mint leaves.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We love fresh summer fruits! Here are more recipes you can choose from: