Grill your fruit for an unexpected treat!
Need to incorporate fruit into your diet, but getting tired of your usual favorites? Try grilling apples and pears, enhancing their taste while retaining the same health benefits. Plus, these skewers are perfect appetizers that can be assembled and grilled in no time. Match them with cheese for a real crowd-pleaser. If you can’t find Parmigiano Reggiano, don’t fret, use other types of cheese, including cheddar, gouda, or pecorino.
Grilled Apples, Pears & Parmigiano Reggiano Skewers
- 1 apple quartered
- 1 pear quartered
- 4 parmigiano reggiano cheese cubes
- 4 mint fresh or sage leaves
- balsamic vinegar optional
- On a griddle or barbecue grill, quickly cook the pears and apples until grill marks appear.
- Insert a slice of pear and apple in each skewer with a mint or sage leaf in between each other.
- If you are using a steel skewer, make the tip hot first before inserting the Parmigiano Reggiano because it tends to break easily.
- Before serving, drizzle with balsamic vinegar if using.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You might also like our other recipes with cheese: