Satisfy your cravings for tacos and seafood at the same time!
If you want to add excitement back into dinnertime, our mouthwatering grilled shrimp tacos are just the ticket! These perfectly-seasoned shrimp are combined with fresh veggies and filling black beans to create a flavor party for your taste buds!
Better yet, this crave-worthy recipe is ridiculously easy to make, but it’s a restaurant-quality dish. That will have your family super impressed with your cooking skills! They don’t have to know how easy it was; it can be our little secret.
If the savory flavors and ease of preparing these tasty shrimp tacos aren’t enough to make you want to try them, maybe the fact that they’re good for you will be! No doubt, this recipe is a must-try.
Easy Grilled Shrimp Tacos in 15 Minutes!
The very first thing I like to do when making this recipe is to prepare the toppings. That way, I can serve the tacos while the shrimp and tortillas are still warm! Shred the lettuce, dice the tomatoes and red onion, slice a jalapeno, and set them aside. If you want to prep way ahead of time, store them in the fridge! This recipe also calls for sliced avocado, but it’s best to do that right before you begin plating to keep the slices from oxidizing and turning an unappealing brown color.
Before you prepare the shrimp, preheat the grill to medium heat. If you didn’t purchase peeled and deveined shrimp, you’ll want to do that now. Remember to discard the tails, too. Once finished, add the shrimp, olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl and toss until the shrimp are evenly coated.
Add a little bit of oil to the grill grate to keep the shrimp from sticking. Then, place the shrimp on the grill and cook them for about three minutes, or until opaque. Remove them from the grill and set them to the side.
Meanwhile, heat a few corn tortillas and the black beans in the microwave or on the stovetop. Once warm, you can begin plating! Layer some shrimp, black beans, lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapeno, and freshly sliced avocado onto each tortilla. Squeeze a little bit of lime juice on each taco and top with fresh cilantro!
Want to Broil Your Shrimp Instead?
No access to a grill? No problem! The broiler in your oven will work just fine. All you have to do is set the baking rack about five inches below the heating unit and preheat your broiler. Then, place your seasoned shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet and slide them into the oven. You’ll only need to broil the shrimp for about two minutes, so be sure to keep a close eye on them as they’ll cook very quickly!
The Perfect Additions to Shrimp Tacos
These delicious, juicy grilled shrimp tacos are fantastic and filling all on their own. That said, there’s always room for a tasty side dish or two to go along with your main course, right? Right! We have plenty of options that will complement them beautifully, but these are a few favorites:
- Enjoy this Sweet and Tangy Coleslaw as a side or use it as a taco topping!
- Our Chipotle copycat Cilantro Lime Basmati Rice would taste incredible with these tacos.
- The Mexican flavors of this Crunchy and Creamy Elote Tomato Avocado Salad make the perfect addition to our grilled shrimp tacos.
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb shrimp detailed and deviened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas 6 inch
- 15 ounce canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce shredded
- 1 tomato large, diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 lime for juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Toss shrimp with olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper
- Lightly oil a grill grate and cook shrimp for about 3 minutes or until opaque
- Warm corn tortillas and black beans in the microwave or on the stove
- On each tortilla, layer shrimp, black beans, lettuce, tomato, red onion, jalapeno, and avocado
- Top with lime juice and cilantro
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Are you going to try these grilled shrimp tacos? If you do, be sure to share your thoughts with us in the comment section! Let us know how you served them!
Want more tacos? Of course you do! If you enjoy this recipe, you might like to try these tacos next:
Remember to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest, or subscribe to our eNewsletter, to stay up to date on all of our latest recipes.