This may just be one of the healthiest smoothies on the planet. Put all these superfood ingredients in a blender and you’ve got one delicious immune booster smoothie. This recipes makes about three cups. The Immune Booster Smoothie is high in nutrients and phytochemicals. Share if you like, but I would recommend drinking the entire blender full to get the full benefits.
Super Foods for Super Health!
If you or someone you know is fighting an illness of any kind, I would recommend drinking this or a similar smoothie everyday. This yummy drink has loads of antioxidants and everyone can benefit. Here’s to your health!
Click here for the Three day Cleanse & Detox Recipes.
Servings: | Calories: 156 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: .5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 2 mg | Sodium: 287 mg | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 13 g | Protein: 10 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9 |
- 1 frozen banana (pre-sliced)
- 1 knuckle ginger root, about 1/2"
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 avocado, peeled
- 1 cup red kale (organic if possible)
- 1 cup baby spinach (organic if possible)
- 1 cup frozen red grapes (organic if possible)
- 1/4 cup coconut meat (from fresh coconut)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (if pomegranates aren't available, they can be found closer to the holidays)
- 1 1/2 cups chilled green tea, unsweetened (home brewed is best)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender in the order listed above. Blend until smooth. Add ice for a thicker smoothie.
- Note: Feel free to switch out the grapes with any of these equally as healthy superfoods: blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, or dark cherries.
Are you going to try this nutrient-packed immune booster smoothie? You definitely should! After you try it, be sure to come back and let us know what you thought!
If you enjoyed this recipe, we think you’ll also like these delicious shakes and smoothies:
- Chia Seed berry Yogurt Smoothie
- Coconut Banana Green Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Mocha Espresso Shake
- Chocolate Coconut Protein Breakfast Shake