There's no limit to the ways you can use this juicy, tender shredded chicken!
This Instant Pot Everything Shredded Chicken recipe may change your life. It only takes 30 minutes to prepare the recipe, and you’ll get to enjoy several days worth of flavorful meals! This fast, easy recipe is adapted from our Slow Cooker Everything Chicken recipe. I call this recipe “everything” shredded chicken because it is so versatile. You can use it on everything! Because of this, you can use the leftovers in a multitude of different ways.
Neutral Seasonings Create a Versatile Chicken
This recipe starts with aromatics like onion, celery, and garlic to give the chicken flavor. Add in turmeric, which gives the chicken a beautiful color and also adds anti-inflammatory properties. Then we finish the dish with low-sodium chicken broth. In the end, you’ll create a beautiful Instant Pot Everything Shredded Chicken that you can use in a wide variety of ways.
It’s Flavored with Feel-Good Ingredients
We’ve brought together some powerful superfoods to decorate this fork-tender chicken. The marriage of garlic and onion not only lends bold, delicious flavor, but it also boasts incredible health benefits. These aromatics have impressive healing properties, including lowering high blood pressure, reducing high cholesterol, and lending cancer-fighting powers.
Meanwhile, turmeric also presents its own set of amazing health benefits. Besides adding a gorgeous orange hue to the dish, turmeric contains powerful medicinal properties. Research shows it’s highly anti-inflammatory, it can protect against heart disease and some cancers, and can even improve skin health. Sign us up!
Yummy Recipe Ideas With Shredded Chicken
- Add a healthy grain like quinoa, brown rice, or farro. Top the cooked grain with sauteed or roasted vegetables for a delicious lunch bowl.
- Make flavorful tacos by serving this chicken inside flour or corn tortillas. Top it with salsa, guacamole, cilantro, and chopped onion. For a healthier alternative to store-bought options, go all in and make your dips by hand. Want more recipe ideas? Check out this delectable Skinny Salsa Dip, or our rich and creamy Classic Guacamole,
- For a gluten-free option, serve the chicken with black beans, corn, salsa, and avocado for a skinny taco bowl.
- Toss shredded chicken with basil pesto and pasta for a fast, tasty Italian dinner.
- Stuff the chicken inside a multi-grain pita with red onion, tomato, cucumber, and Greek yogurt. Now you have a flavorful Greek chicken wrap!
- Place the chicken on a whole grain flatbread with your favorite barbecue sauce. Top it with low-fat shredded cheddar and enjoy a crispy BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza.
- Top salad greens and chopped fresh vegetables with shredded chicken for a quick, no-fuss salad.
For more amazing Instant Pot recipes, check out some of our favorites:
- 9 Beginner Instant Pot Recipes For Weekday Dinners
- 18 Easy Instant Pot Recipes you Can’t Live Without
- Our 6 Favorite Instant Pot Chicken Recipes for Any Occasion
Instant Pot Everything Shredded Chicken
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion medium, peeled and halved
- 3 stalks celery not bunches, cut into large pieces
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- Place onion, celery, and garlic in Instant Pot.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine salt, pepper and turmeric and mix thoroughly.
- Season chicken breasts with seasoning mixture.
- Place chicken breasts on top of vegetables in Instant Pot.
- Add chicken broth and seal Instant Pot.
- Select High Pressure setting and Manual timer for 18 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then manually release until the pressure indicator drops.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred with a fork. Discard liquid and cooked vegetables, or puree and freeze for another use.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
How would you use this flavorful, juicy, tender Instant Pot Everything Shredded Chicken? Share your ideas in the comments below!
Want more recipes like this sent directly to your inbox? First, subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Then, follow us on Instagram and Pinterest. You’ll get fantastic healthy recipes and receive exercise tips, meal plans, and much more!