Bite into unexpected flavor.
At Skinny Ms., we pride ourselves on concocting some of the most unique, yet delicious, salad recipes you’ll find online, and we think that our Mango and Arugula Salad with Cilantro Crema more than fits the bill. Are you ready for a flavor combination you’ve never seen before? This inventive, gourmet salad is easy enough to serve at home as a side salad or a lunch salad, but sophisticated enough to serve at a dinner party to friends and family. We can guarantee that your loved ones have never tasted anything like it, and that they’ll be asking for the recipe!
The base of this salad is comprised of mangoes and arugula. The tropical sweetness of the mango is perfectly complemented by the peppery bite of the arugula, for a salad that’s one part leafy green goodness and one part fruity flavor explosion. Sprinkle with sesame seeds for a delicious crunch, and mix with the real secret ingredient, the dressing.
This dressing is an exotic blend of extra virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar, sweetened by raw coconut sugar. Cilantro adds a refreshing herbal component, while cumin provides smoke, red pepper flakes contribute heat and spice, and just a dash of salt and pepper brings out the flavors of each ingredient. This salad is unexpected in every way, and you’ll be sure to get compliments on it each and every time you serve it.
Mango and Arugula Salad with Cilantro Crema
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar raw
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes amount depends on the heat
- pepper freshly-cracked
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 mangoes peeled and sliced
- 4 cups arugula
- In a blender, put the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, cilantro, sugar, cumin, salt, red pepper flakes and pepper then pulse until smooth.
- In the serving plate, mix the mangoes, arugula, sesame seeds and the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More Healthy Salad Options in Skinny Ms.
Let us know how we’re doing! Tell us what you think about this post, and about the content you enjoy on our site, in the comments section.