The perfect breakfast option for busy mornings!
Need some new healthy breakfast inspiration? If you’re stuck in a rut of boring morning meals, try these simple egg and veggie breakfast wraps for an easy, grab-and-go option that will keep you full until lunch time! This nutritious recipe is not only loaded with flavor, but it’s also perfect for meal-prepping in advance and is one that the kids will enjoy, too!
Healthy Breakfast On-The-Go
I’m always on the lookout for new, healthy, and most importantly, easy breakfast recipes. These wraps fit the bill! They’re super simple to prepare at the beginning of the week, and provide me with a meal that I can just grab and eat on the go each morning.
These breakfast wraps are so much better than swinging through the drive-through, health-wise and time-wise! Delicious and healthy ingredients are all wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla, for an easy-to-make (and even easier-to-eat) breakfast option. Sometimes, if I’m really short on time, I’ll grab one while I’m running out the door and wait to pop it in the microwave (instructions below) once I get to work! Be on time and get to enjoy a nutritious breakfast? Yes, please!
Fantastic Filling Ingredients
This recipe is made with protein-rich eggs and cheddar cheese as well as fibrous whole wheat tortillas and colorful veggies. All of these ingredients come together to make a super filling wrap that will hold you over throughout the morning and give you the energy you need to get things done! Plus, a well rounded breakfast option like this one is a great way to fight off mid-morning, sugary snack cravings!
Wrap it Up
So, how do you prepare this simple egg and veggie breakfast wrap to take on the go? The steps are simple! First, heat half of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until fragrant. This will take about 4 minutes. Next, add the red bell pepper and zucchini. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the veggies have softened. Add the spinach until wilted, and then remove from the pan. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, milk, mixed herbs, salt, and pepper together. When the veggies are done, pour the egg mixture into the pan and scramble to desired doneness.Whenever you’re ready, you can assemble your wraps! Place the scrambled eggs, veggies, and cheese in the wrap and fold it up!
Tips on Storing and Reheating these Wraps
Another easy meal prep idea for these wraps is to whip them up and store them in the freezer (for up to one month). That way, you can just grab one and pop it in the oven the morning of. Heat them up while you pour your coffee and get ready to head out the door! Here are a few tips on storing and reheating:
1. Make sure the ingredients are room temperature before you roll your wraps. This will fight off sogginess.
2. Roll them tightly in plastic wrap, and then foil.
3. When you’re ready to eat them, remove the plastic wrap and roll them back in the foil. Slide them into the oven at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes if not frozen, or up to 40 minutes if frozen. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn as every oven is different! Reheating them in the oven will leave you with a crispier tortilla. Alternatively, you can reheat your unwrapped breakfast wrap in the microwave for 4 to 6 minutes, flipping it over half way through.
Simple Egg and Veggie Breakfast Wraps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 8 eggs large
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat tortillas 8"
- Heat half of the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and saute until fragrant, about 4 minutes, and then add the red bell pepper and zucchini. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the veggies have softened.
- Add the spinach until wilted, then remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, milk, mixed herbs, and salt and pepper together.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and scramble to desired doneness.
- Place the scrambled eggs, veggies, and cheese on the tortilla and wrap up
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love these simple egg and veggie breakfast wraps? We’ve got more where that came from! You might also want to give these yummy breakfast ideas a try:
- Easy On-the-Go Avocado and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Triple Berry Baked Oatmeal
- Quick & Easy Egg Muffins
- Banana Walnut Overnight Oatmeal
- Egg and Turkey Sausage Breakfast Tacos
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms.! Subscribe to our eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.