Tacos are a renowned favorite for a reason. This Mexican dish is incredibly versatile, allowing you to fill the corn or wheat tortilla with any ingredients that pop into your imagination. This recipe sticks to a basic and healthy classic by stuffing the tacos with salad, homemade guacamole, and grilled white meat chicken. Have a couple, even three if you want, because these tacos are clean, healthy, and full of nutrients.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size:1 taco | Calories: 174 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 36 mg | Sodium: 152 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 14 g | SmartPoints: 5 |
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red onion, divided, 1/4 minced and 3/4 sliced
- 2 big red tomatoes, divided, 1/2 minced and 1-1/2 sliced
- 8 ounces filleted white chicken meat
- Salad leaves
- 4 hard taco shells
- To make the guacamole, in a medium bowl, mix the avocado, lime juice, salt. Adjust the salt if needed.
- Add the minced red onion and minced tomatoes. Mix well then set aside.
- Over medium - high heat, on a griddle or barbecue grill, grill both sides of the chicken until cooked through. Slice.
- Fill up the taco shells with the salad leaves, guacamole, chicken, sliced tomatoes and onions.
Here are more skinny Mexican meals to enjoy:
Have you heard of our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection e-cookbook? It’s a treasure of 101 most popular fan recipes that we took note of and compiled in one book. Have a look!