This zesty, earthy chicken falls off the fork!
When you place the lid on top of your slow cooker, you leave your dinner in the hands of a machine, crossing your fingers that, hours later, a delicious meal will be waiting for you. As tired as you often are after the workday, you don’t need any surprises! And if you have a family to feed, you want that satisfaction that comes with serving a delicious meal and hearing your loved ones say, “Wow! That’s good!”
This simple dish is a no-brainer, finishing after 6 hours of cooking with an amazing tasty and tender chicken dinner every time. And although it may taste as if it were being served at a restaurant, it contains only low-fat, low-calorie ingredients that are high in quality. Lean chicken delivers a whopping dose of protein without the excess fat. Light soy sauce reduces the sodium content, and coconut sugar is a healthy substitute for refined white cane sugar, and does a great job of amping up this dish’s flavor profile without adding processed ingredients.
Try this delightful, zesty balsamic chicken with a whole grain side such as quinoa, farro, or brown rice. A helping of leafy greens complements this recipe perfectly, and rounds out your meal with nutrients and fiber. This chicken is versatile enough to pair with a number of healthy sides, so take your pick, and wow your family and friends.
Slow Cooker Balsamic-Glazed Chicken Breast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce lite
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chives finely chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes finely chopped, for garnishing (optional)
- Pour olive oil in the slow cooker and add the chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken, cover and cook on low 6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Slice the chicken then place them on the serving plate. Pour half the sauce over the chicken and serve the rest in a dish on the side. Sprinkle chive on top of chicken.
- Garnish with tomatoes if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Here are more amazing Slow Cooker chicken recipe ideas:
We’d love to hear what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.