This is a great stew when you're craving Mexican flavors, but don't have much time!
We are always looking to bring you new and interesting slow cooker recipes. This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Stew is a perfect addition to our collection of soups and stews. It’s packed with protein from beans and lean chicken breast, and big on flavor thanks to lime juice and a ton of spices. We also used Greek yogurt to make this super creamy—you won’t miss the typical sour cream dollop at all!
This is a great stew when you’re craving those Mexican flavors, but don’t have time to put together a full Mexican spread. Serve it over some plain brown rice or even a batch of our Restaurant Style Mexican Rice for a filling and easy meal.
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Stew
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce can, sugar-free or try SkinnyMs homemade enchilada sauce)
- 14 1/2 ounces petite diced tomatoes with green chiles can
- 15 ounces kidney beans can, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces black beans can, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn frozen or fresh
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup Greek yogurt fat-free
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped, for garnish
- In a large slow cooker, add the enchilada sauce, undrained tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, corn, and uncooked chicken breasts. Add in the chicken stock and all of the seasonings. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-5 hours, low for 5-8 hours or when the chicken will easily shred. Remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred in another bowl using two forks. Meanwhile, add the Greek yogurt to the slow cooker and stir until well combined. Add the shredded chicken back into the crockpot. Stir until the chicken is combined.
- Serve with chopped cilantro on top.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Adapted from Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
Try these other recipes:
Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sauce
Slow Cooker Turkey Lasagna Soup
What’s your favorite way of making creamy soups without cream? Let us know in the comments section below!
Family loved it!