All the flavors of a traditional paella without the hassle.
Traditional Spanish paella is a time-consuming dish with as many variations as there are families in Spain! If you’re not looking for that kind of commitment, our Slow Cooker Paella has all the flavors of a traditional paella without the hassle. Simply brown the chicken and throw everything into your slow cooker, then let it do its thing. Just a few hours later you will have a complete Spanish comfort food feast. No need to babysit a pan!
Serve with a nice glass of Spanish wine, cheese, and crusty bread for a flavorful trip to Spain without leaving the comfort of your own home!
Slow Cooker Paella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups short-grained rice optional arborio
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes can, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 4 ounces turkey chorizo roughly chopped
- 1 onion medium, diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 2 cups peas frozen or fresh
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium. Add the chicken and cook until the outsides are all browned. Add all the ingredients, including the chicken, to the slow cooker and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, high for 1 to 2 hours, or until the rice has soaked up the liquid. Remove the bay leaf and serve with fresh parsley and lemon juice!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other recipes to try:
What are your favorite international meals? Let us know in the comments section below, and let us know if there are any recipes you want us to make!