All the flavors of a traditional paella without the hassle.
Traditional Spanish paella is a time-consuming dish with as many variations as there are families in Spain! If you’re not looking for that kind of commitment, our Slow Cooker Paella has all the flavors of a traditional paella without the hassle. Simply brown the chicken and throw everything into your slow cooker, then let it do its thing. Just a few hours later you will have a complete Spanish comfort food feast. No need to babysit a pan!
Slow Cooker Paella
Serve this slow cooker paella with a nice glass of Spanish wine, cheese, and crusty bread for a flavorful trip to Spain without leaving the comfort of your own home!
Slow Cooker Paella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups short-grained rice optional arborio
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes can, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 4 ounces turkey chorizo roughly chopped
- 1 onion medium, diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 2 cups peas frozen or fresh
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium. Add the chicken and cook until the outsides are all browned. Add all the ingredients, including the chicken, to the slow cooker and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, high for 1 to 2 hours, or until the rice has soaked up the liquid. Remove the bay leaf and serve with fresh parsley and lemon juice!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
This slow cooker paella recipe is a quick, simple spin on a Spanish classic dish. Traditional paella can be a very time-consuming dish. Our version takes all the hassle out of standing over a stove by utilizing one of our favorite kitchen tools—a slow cooker!
This slow cooker paella recipe is also healthier than a lot of traditional recipes. We swap chorizo with leaner turkey chorizo and use low-sodium chicken broth in our recipe. But rest assured, it still has all of the complex flavors of your favorite Spanish comfort meal!
If you liked this slow cooker paella recipe, you might also like the following recipes:
- Spanish Lentil Salad
- Fusion Paella | Vegan, Gluten Free Recipes
- 6 Dinner Weight Loss Quinoa Recipes that Melt Pounds
- Simple Breakfast Recipes: Easy Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Have you tried this slow cooker paella? What are your favorite international meals? Let us know in the comments section below, and let us know if there are any recipes you want us to make!