There’s something about coming home to a house that smells of fresh Chinese take out.
There’s something about coming home to a house that smells of fresh Chinese take out. You don’t have to worry about cooking and you know it’s going to be delicious! Our Slow Cooker Take Out Beef and Broccoli gives you the same feeling. With lean steak and no sugar, this has all the amazing taste of your usual Chinese food spot without the unhealthy additives.
Best of all, this recipe is just as easy as calling in an order. Just pop all the ingredients in the slow cooker on your way out the door, and come home to those amazing smells and dinner ready to put on the table. Serve over brown rice for a delicious, healthy, Chinese take-out alternative.
Slow Cooker Take Out Beef and Broccoli
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low-sodium
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar optional honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 pounds lean round sirloin steak sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 head broccoli fresh, cut into bite-sized florets
- Inside the slow cooker, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, coconut sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Place slices of beef in the liquid and toss to coat.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 2-4 hours, until beef is tender and cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup sauce from the slow cooker.
- Add the broccoli and gently toss to combine. Cover with the lid and cook 10-15 minutes or until the broccoli is tender (not mushy) and the sauce is thickened.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think of our Slow Cooker Take Out Beef and Broccoli? What’s your go-to meal when you need dinner ready quick? Let us know in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this dish, you might also like to try: