There’s something about coming home to a house that smells of fresh Chinese take out. You don’t have to worry about cooking and you know it’s going to be delicious! Our Slow Cooker Take Out Beef and Broccoli gives you the same feeling. With lean steak and no sugar, this has all the amazing taste of your usual Chinese food spot without the unhealthy additives.
Best of all, this recipe is just as easy as calling in an order. Just pop all the ingredients in the slow cooker on your way out the door, and come home to those amazing smells and dinner ready to put on the table. Serve over brown rice for a delicious, healthy, Chinese take-out alternative.
Yields: 5 cups | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 348 | Total Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 1101mg | Carbohydrates: 28g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Protein: 25g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 13
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, optional honey
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds lean round sirloin steak, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons of sauce from slow cooker
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- Inside the crockpot, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, coconut sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Place slices of beef in the liquid and toss to coat.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 5 hours. When done, whisk together cornstarch and the sauce from inside slow cooker in small bowl. Pour into crock pot and stir to mix well. Add the broccoli over the beef and sauce. Gently stir to combine. Cover with lid and cook 30 minutes to cook broccoli and thicken sauce.
Adapted from Life in the Lofthouse.
Other recipes you might like:
What’s your go-to meal when you need dinner ready quick? Let us know in the comments below!