We believe that this sweet potato dish will become one of your favorite side dishes! You’ll love the flavor of these perfectly seasoned sweet potatoes, and this dish is so easy to prepare. Instead of masking the vegetables in a sauce, this side dish brings out the natural flavors of these healthy foods with some very simple seasonings.
Yield: 4-5 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup |Calories: 135 | Total Fat: 5.3 g | Saturated Fat: 0.8 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 499 mg | Carbohydrates: 20.8 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.5 g | Sugars: 2.0 g | Protein: 2.6 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1/8 inch rounds
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 oz. fresh white mushrooms, washed and patted dry
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos (or reduced sodium soy sauce)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweet potato rounds, onion, mushrooms, olive oil, salt, pepper, chili powder, and coconut aminos.
- Using your hands, toss the mixture until all of the vegetables are well coated.
- Pour this mixture onto a baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake vegetables for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.