These medallions make a beautiful accompaniment to any meat dish
We believe that this sweet potato dish will become one of your favorite side dishes! You’ll love the flavor of these perfectly seasoned sweet potatoes, and this dish is so easy to prepare. Instead of masking the vegetables in a sauce, this side dish brings out the natural flavors of these healthy foods with some very simple seasonings.
Sweet Potato Medallions with Mushrooms and Onions
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sweet potatoes peeled, and cut into 1/8 inch rounds
- 1 onion sliced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms fresh, washed, and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or reduced sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweet potato rounds, onion, mushrooms, olive oil, salt, pepper, chili powder, and coconut aminos.
- Using your hands, toss the mixture until all of the vegetables are well coated.
- Pour this mixture onto a baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake vegetables for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.