Give a summer sandwich some pesto flair!
This zesty Veggie & Pesto Sandwich recipe is the perfect way to add a little flair to your summer fare! Made with fresh vegetables, olive oil, whole-grain bread, and just the right amount of pesto. This tasty treat is a Superfood Sensation! Try a Veggie & Pesto Sandwich with a cup of our Skinny Fruit and Yogurt Salad for a lunchtime meal that is perfect for a summer day.
You might also like these other Skinny Ms. favorites:
Veggie & Pesto Sandwich
- 8 ounces white mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 1/4 red bell peppers cored, seeded, sliced, and roasted
- 8 artisan whole grain bread slices
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese low-fat, shredded
- 2 roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 cup arugula packed
- 1/4 cup pesto Basil & Spinach Pesto recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- If roasting your own bell peppers, slice into fourths, place on a cookie sheet, drizzle with 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil and roast for 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before removing peeling. Roasted peppers can be purchased at your local grocery.
- In a small skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil, heat to medium-low and sauté mushrooms until soft, about 8 minutes.
- While mushrooms sauté, place bread cut side up on a cookie sheet, toast until lightly golden. Remove toast, add 1 tablespoon mozzarella, continue toasting until cheese melts. Remove bread from oven and top with pesto, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes and arugula.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms