Flush out toxins with this Cleanse and Detox Smoothie and maybe lose a pound or two along the way.
Click here to return to the Three day Cleanse & Detox Recipes.
Yields: 1 smoothie | Serving Size: 1 smoothie | Calories: 189 | Total Fat: 3.0 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 59 mg | Carbohydrates: 39.5 g | Dietary Fiber: 11.3 g | Sugars: 20.9 g | Protein: 5.6 g | SmartPoints: 8 |
- Recommend organic apple, kale and celery be used for this recipe.
- 1 organic apple with peeling, cored (Wash away harmful toxins in the body)
- Juice of 1 lemon (This citrus fruit helps boosts the digestive tract)
- 1 cup kale (Chlorophyll kick starts the digestive tract by ridding the body of pesticides and environmental toxins)
- 1 stalk or rib of celery...depending where you live. (Thought to be a great blood cleanser)
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley or cilantro (Thought to help rid the body of mercury and other harmful minerals)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds or chia seeds (Great source of Omega-3's and ridding the body of
- harmful toxins)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups chilled water
If using a juicer: Add all the ingredients and enjoy!
If using a blender: Add all the above ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over ice. This recipe makes one serving.