Quinoa (keen-wah), often referred to as a super grain, is also super versatile. It makes a great whole grain salad, is a delicious change from rice in paella or stir fries, and is a complete protein that can make any vegetarian meal yummy and filling, without feeling heavy. Its springy texture and mild earthy, nutty flavor livens up the absolutely scrumptious dishes below.
Related: 6 Steps to Perfect Quinoa
1. Mediterranean Quinoa Salad. (pictured above) Corn, quinoa, red onions, and a zesty dressing make this salad exciting. Use red quinoa or the regular variety. Either way, you’ll take in equal amounts of superfood nutrients.
2. Quinoa Shrimp Paella. We’ve made this light, yet satisfying paella with fresh shrimp and spring peas easy to put together. It serves like a special dinner, but the preparation is painless.
3. Quinoa with Garden Fresh Tomatoes. Sweet, juicy tomatoes meet lovely quinoa for a bite of fresh, yet satiating deliciousness. Serve chilled for the perfect, simple spring and summer salad.
4. Quinoa with Black Beans. Who needs beans and rice when you can make savory, comforting beans and quinoa, thus doubling the protein power?
5. Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect plant-based entrée. Portobellos and quinoa pack a wollop of protein, not too mention a deep savory flavor paired with the brightness of the veggies.
6. Quinoa Lentil Burger. Another fabulous vegetarian main dish, this burger would be ideal for lunch or dinner. Fire up the barbecue or cook indoors.
7. Brussels Sprouts and Mushroom Ragout with Crispy Quinoa. Yep, Brussels sprouts as a main dish. Sweet and savory flavors come together in each bite. Definitely try this recipe.
8. Skillet Chicken and Quinoa. A full meal in one pan, or skillet, this makes the perfect weeknight dish, when you’re low on time but want something healthy. Less dishes to wash, too!
9. Quinoa (Meatless) Meatballs. Who needs meat when these meatless meatballs get rave reviews? They come out perfectly – crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
10. Turkey Cutlets and Quinoa Pilaf. This recipe is a wonderful chance to use turkey cutlets, and not just chicken breasts day in and day out. It’s also a complete meal which will leave you satisfied.
11. Quinoa and Vegetable Stir-Fry. Who says a stir fry has to always be vegetables and protein over rice? Here we’ve combined the protein, quinoa, and the vegetables in one quick flash of the pan. This will satisfy any fried rice cravings!
12. Spinach and Quinoa Salad with Feta and Dill. Refreshing and satisfying with cool dill and salty feta crumbles, this salad is sure to please.
13. Chili Lime Grilled Shrimp with Quinoa Pilaf. Zesty and zingy, this skewered, chargrilled shrimp is high on flavor and low on fat and calories. Did someone say summer fiesta?
Like what you see? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from SkinnyMs. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.