Craving rich, peanut butter fudge this holiday season? Want to make a batch for friends and family, but keep excess fat and calories at bay? Try our scrumptious fudge recipe! With only five ingredients, and taking only five minutes to make, this fudge is a must-have for any peanut butter lover. With clean ingredients like coconut oil and raw honey, this treat will satisfy your cravings without spoiling your commitment to healthy eating.
Yields: 24 squares | Serving Size: 1 piece | Calories: 94 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 51 mg | Carbohydrates: 4 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4 |
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy will work)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, optional (see below)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. The optional confectioners sugar should be used if you plan to take out of the freezer for more than 5 minutes before eating. This will help to bind the fudge and prevent it from softening up too quickly. Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 5" x 7" pan. Cover and freeze until set, approximately 1 hour. Cut into 24 1-inch squares and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- NOTE: This fudge should be kept in the freezer until ready to eat, as it will soften up quickly. Enjoy a small piece of fudge as part of a clean eating lifestyle. Confectioners sugar is used only if you plan to take it out of the freezer for an extended period of time. This treat is perfect when opting for a portion control snack. Take one out of the freezer and enjoy!
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.