Head-to-toe routines for any fitness level!
Whether you want to lose weight or just maintain your general fitness, our 7 day Total Body Workout Challenge can help! Every routine includes a modification for beginner, intermediate, or advanced levels, making it perfect for any fitness level. And while the workout is only one week long, you can repeat it as many times as you’d like. Just remember to increase the challenge as you get more fit because if it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.
Benefits of Total Body Training
Full body exercise offers many different benefits. One of our favorite things about it is that it’s great for busy schedules. Total body training is great because it works multiple muscle groups at once. Think of it like multitasking– you can get more done in a shorter amount of time. Furthermore, total body exercise burns more calories compared to isolated training routines. Again, working multiple muscle groups is the key! It requires more effort, and thus burns more calories.
7 Day Total Body Workout Challenge
The rules of our 7 day Total Body Workout Challenge are simple! All you need to do is complete the workout specified for each day. Here are a few things to keep in mind this week:
- Always prioritize proper form over number of reps and time. Some of the workouts will have you racing the clock or trying to get as many reps as possible. While this can make the routine more exciting, it’s always important to prioritize proper form over anything else.
- Use a weight that challenges you. You will notice that each workout specifies a light, medium, or heavy weight. Obviously, this will vary from person-to-person. Use your best judgement and challenge yourself, but again, prioritize proper form over lifting heavy weight.
- Don’t just do the bare minimum. If you’re actually at an intermediate (or advanced) fitness level, don’t settle for the beginner specifications. Remember, this should be challenging to you; it’s not supposed to be a walk in the park.
Total Body Cardio : Day One
The Workout: 20-Minute Bodyweight Workout to Melt the Fat Away
You need a timer and 20 minutes to complete today’s workout.
Upper Body Training: Day Two
The Workout: Tone and Tighten Your Upper Body with These 6 Moves
You can complete today’s workout in as little as 15 minutes. For this routine you will need a bench, towel, or yoga mat and one or two sets of light-to-medium weight dumbbells.
Lower Body Training: Day Three
This routine can be completed in 10 to 30 minutes. You will need a timer, a towel or yoga mat, a box, bench, step or something sturdy to stand on, and one pair of dumbbells.
Total Body Cardio: Day Four
The Workout: Total Body Workout for Burning Fat and Getting Fit
Today’s workout can be completed in 10 minutes, but you can workout for up to 40 if you’d like! And since it’s a bodyweight cardio routine, all you will need is a timer and a towel or yoga mat.
Upper Body Training: Day Five
This upper body routine is a 30 minute workout. You will need a timer, a yoga mat, and one pair of light-to-medium dumbbells.
Lower Body Training: Day Six
The Workout: The Ultimate Legs and Butt Bodyweight Workout
Our ultimate legs and butt workout takes 10 to 30 minutes to complete. Since it’s a bodyweight routine, all you will need is a timer and a towel or yoga mat to lay on. Feel free to add resistance to this one with some dumbbells, for more of a challenge!
Total Body Cardio : Day Seven
The Workout: Get Fit with the Lean Body HIIT Workout Challenge
Our final workout can be completed in as little as 15 minutes, but you’ll need a few different pieces of equipment. In addition to a timer and towel or yoga mat, you will also need a bench, chair, or step, as well as a jump rope.
If you enjoyed this 7 Day Total Body Workout Challenge, we think you might like to try these fitness challenges, next:
- From Beginner to Advanced 30-Day Workout Challenge
- 21 Days to Total Body Toning Workout Challenge
- 14-Day At-Home Morning Bootcamp Challenge
Get the latest fitness routines, challenges, and healthy recipes delivered directly to your inbox by subscribing to our eNewsletter. You can also follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram to keep up with all of our content!