These flavorful, vegetarian-friendly quesadillas make the perfect snack, lunch, or even dinner!
Looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner the whole family will devour? Look no further! These Amazing Black Beanadillas couldn’t be easier to whip up, and they certainly don’t disappoint in the taste department. Simply stated, beanadillas are quesadillas that use black beans as their protein instead of meat. These vegetarian delights call for a few staple ingredients and pack a major protein punch. It’s an incredible recipe to keep in your back pocket, especially if you’re looking for quick weeknight dinners when you’re running short on time.
A Savory Solution
We adore these quesadillas for their simplicity and, of course, deliciousness. Melty, gooey cheese is studded with chewy black beans and cradled between two crispy flour tortillas to form this savory snack.
This foolproof recipe takes just 10 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to cook. Flour tortillas, shredded Monterey jack cheese, and refried beans make up the bulk of these yummy quesadillas. Sprinkle in a few savory spices like chili powder, granulated garlic, and cumin, and you’ll have an unforgettable dish.
How to Make Amazing Black Beanadillas
Throwing these tasty delights together is a snap. First, mash the refried black beans, shredded cheese, and spices with a fork. Spread the mixture evenly over half of each tortilla. Afterward, fold over the “naked” half over to form a half-circle that envelopes the contents. Cook the tortillas for about a minute on each side, flipping until both sides are golden brown.
The Bottom Line?
Our Beanadillas contain budget-friendly ingredients, and they’re kid-friendly, so we can’t recommend this recipe enough! For more drool-worthy Tex-Mex inspired recipes that are guaranteed crowd-pleasers, check out some of our favorites below!
Amazing Black Beanadillas
- 15 ounces refried black beans canned, fat-free recommended
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- 8 flour tortillas fajita sized
- Using a fork, mash refried black beans, cumin, granulated garlic, chili powder, salt and shredded cheese in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Spread mixture over half of each tortilla and fold the "naked" half over the top of the half containing bean mixture so that it forms a half-circle.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet (do not add oil of any kind) over medium-high heat.
- Place two tortilla half-circles in the skillet and toast the tortilla for about a minute, then flip. Continue flipping until outside is golden brown and filling is hot and cheese is melted.
- Place cooked beanadillas on cutting board and cut in half, making two wedges from each. Serve warm with sour cream, salsa, and/or guacamole.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms