Cleanse and Detox Superfood Salad combines the cleansing elements of lemon, the super foods spinach and blueberries, sweet and fibrous dates, protein-rich almonds, crunchy carrots, and a touch of the healthy monounsaturated fat found in olive oil. It’s a simple and easily digestible salad that’s the perfect food during a cleanse.
However, it has so many healthful, yet light, ingredients that it can be eaten regularly, even when you’re not in the middle of a cleanse and detox! Mix it up whenever you need a light, nourishing, and cleansing meal.
RELATED: 6 Body Detox Techniques, 15 Fab Juice Combinations for Cleansing and Detoxification, Flush the Fat Away Vegetable Soup, and 5 Delicious Drinks to Flush Away the Fat.
Yields: 4 | Serving Size: 1-1/2 cups | Calories: 180 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 46 mg | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 18 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 5 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 12 raw almonds, sliced
- 2 dates (pitted and diced)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large bowl toss together all of the ingredients. Whisk together oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.