There is nothing that evokes childhood memories quite like nostalgic food favorites.
There is nothing that evokes childhood memories quite like nostalgic food favorites. This Cinnamon Toast recipe recreates the flavors of French Toast while keeping the calorie content low and delivering a satisfying crunch. All it requires is 5 simple ingredients and a few minutes of your morning to whip up a sweet and crunchy addition to any balanced breakfast. Enjoy it fresh from the oven, or spread with a bit of Apple Butter for an extra treat. You could even use the toast as a vehicle to create a phenomenal sweet and savory breakfast sandwich!
Crispy Cinnamon Toast
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 8 tablespoons butter softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Combine butter, vanilla, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Evenly divide and spread over the entire top of bread slices.
- Place bread, butter side up, on a baking sheet. Broil just until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Turn bread over and broil until lightly golden on the other side. Slice toast diagonally and serve immediately!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your go-to toast recipe? Leave a comment in the section below and let us know!