There is nothing that evokes childhood memories quite like nostalgic food favorites. This Cinnamon Toast recipe recreates the flavors of French Toast while keeping the calorie content low and delivering a satisfying crunch. All it requires is 5 simple ingredients and a few minutes of your morning to whip up a sweet and crunchy addition to any balanced breakfast. Enjoy it fresh from the oven, or spread with a bit of Apple Butter for an extra treat. You could even use the toast as a vehicle to create a phenomenal sweet and savory breakfast sandwich!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 220 | Total Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 135mg | Carbohydrates: 24g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints: 10
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Combine butter, vanilla, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Evenly divide and spread over the entire top of bread slices.
- Place bread, butter side up, on a baking sheet. Broil just until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Turn bread over and broil until lightly golden on the other side. Slice toast diagonally and serve immediately!
- Note: Leave oven door ajar while broiling and watch to be sure bread doesn't burn.
What’s your go-to toast recipe? Leave a comment in the section below and let us know!