Ricotta is a versatile cheese that goes with almost everything, whether the dish is sweet or savory. Because it is fresh, it has a subtle pleasant taste that doesn’t overpower other flavors. For a summery dish, we opted to combine it with lemon. Both the zest and the juice of the lemon give ricotta a beautiful aroma and flavor.
Smoked salmon needs a squeeze of lemon to balance out its saltiness. In this recipe, the flavors constitute a harmonious summer mix!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 crostini | Calories: 110 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 14 mg | Sodium: 183 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 7 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3 |
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 6 slices of bread
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta, lemon zest, juice, salt, pepper and salmon.
- Toast the bread on a grill, a griddle or a toaster.
- Top the slices of bread with the ricotta mixture.
Did you like this recipe? Check out our other amazing appetizer recipes:
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.