Lighten up salmon and ricotta with refreshing lemon!
Ricotta is a versatile cheese that goes with almost everything, whether the dish is sweet or savory. Because it is fresh, it has a subtle pleasant taste that doesn’t overpower other flavors. For a summery dish, we opted to combine it with lemon. Both the zest and the juice of the lemon give ricotta a beautiful aroma and flavor.
Smoked salmon needs a squeeze of lemon to balance out its saltiness. In this recipe, the flavors constitute a harmonious summer mix!
Smoked Salmon and Ricotta Crostini Recipe
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice fresh
- 2 tablespoons dill fresh, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon finely chopped
- 6 slices of bread
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta, lemon zest, juice, salt, pepper and salmon.
- Toast the bread on a grill, a griddle or a toaster.
- Top the slices of bread with the ricotta mixture.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Did you like this recipe? Check out our other amazing appetizer recipes:
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.