Nothing screams summer like fresh peaches. They’re sweet and juicy, and the perfect summer treat. They’re also high in fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium. Avocados are another nutritious summery fruit. Like peaches, they’re a great source of fiber and potassium, and they also contain omega-3 fatty acids. Both peaches and avocados are rich and creamy, and taste even better on the grill. Since they’re both so flavorful, the rest of the ingredients in this grilled avocado & peach salad are simple and mild. Spinach and pine nuts add some crunch, and balsamic vinegar and honey bring out the peaches’ natural sweetness. This salad makes a nice light lunch, or a flavorful side for summer parties.
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 197 | Total Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 131mg | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Protein: 2g | SmartPoints: 7
- 3 large peaches, peeled, pit removed, and cut in half
- 2 avocados, peels, pit removed, and sliced into wedges
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 toasted pine nuts
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Brush the beach halves and avocado slices with about 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Reserve the remaining olive oil.
- Place the peaches and avocado onto the hot grill and sear each side until slightly charred. About 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from the grill. Slice the grilled peaches into wedges.
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, honey, and salt and blend well. While blending, gradually add the remaining olive oil and blend until well combined.
- Combine the arugula, spinach, and romaine in a large bowl and toss. Add about 1/4 cup of the dressing and toss to coat the greens. Divide between serving bowls. Top with grilled avocado, peaches, and pine nuts. Drizzle with more dressing if desired.
- Store extra dressing in a covered container and refrigerate