Enjoy ice cream while watching your weight!
You can enjoy a delicious ice cream dessert even while watching your weight! Keep your ingredients natural and your calories low, and get ready for a spoon-licking experience! Pineapple is an excellent source of vitamin C. If you grill quickly, you won’t lose any of these nutrients. Choose a frozen yogurt or low-fat vanilla ice cream to keep the calories down, and drizzle on a reasonable amount of the rum syrup.
Grilled Pineapple with Rum Syrup and Frozen Yogurt
- 6 pineapple slices or 1/2 pineapple, cored
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup unrefined brown sugar like muscovado or coconut palm sugar
- 6 frozen yogurt scoops or low-fat vanilla ice cream
- Over medium heat, in a small saucepan, boil the rum, water and the sugar together. When it boils, lower the heat and simmer until it thickens slightly. Let it cool. You can do this syrup a day before and you can also keep this bottled for a few days in the refrigerator.
- Over high heat, on a griddle, grill both sides of the pineapple until grill marks appear, about 40 seconds each side.
- To serve, put the pineapple on the serving plate or bowl then the frozen yogurt. Pour the syrup on top.
- Serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More skinny ice cream recipes you will love:
Banana Cream, A Healthy Ice Cream
Don’t miss out on the latest from Skinny Ms. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter.
Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.