You can enjoy a delicious ice cream dessert even while watching your weight! Keep your ingredients natural and your calories low, and get ready for a spoon-licking experience! Pineapple is an excellent source of vitamin C. If you grill quickly, you won’t lose any of these nutrients. Choose a frozen yogurt or low-fat vanilla ice cream to keep the calories down, and drizzle on a reasonable amount of the rum syrup.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 scoop ice cream and 1 ring grilled pineapple | Calories: 298 | Total Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 8 mg | Carbohydrates: 67 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 50 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 15
- 6 slices pineapple or 1/2 pineapple, cored
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup unrefined brown sugar like muscovado or coconut palm sugar
- 6 scoops frozen yogurt or low-fat vanilla ice cream
- Over medium heat, in a small saucepan, boil the rum, water and the sugar together. When it boils, lower the heat and simmer until it thickens slightly. Let it cool. You can do this syrup a day before and you can also keep this bottled for a few days in the refrigerator.
- Over high heat, on a griddle, grill both sides of the pineapple until grill marks appear, about 40 seconds each side.
- To serve, put the pineapple on the serving plate or bowl then the frozen yogurt. Pour the syrup on top.
- Serve immediately.
More skinny ice cream recipes you will love:
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.