Who doesn’t love poached eggs? They’re incredibly tasty in salads, on toast, or slathered with Hollandaise sauce. If you always order poached eggs for brunch, but think they’re too tricky to make yourself, think again! Perfect poached eggs are easier than you think. Stick to these simple steps, and you’ll be able to cook yourself a fancy (and healthy) breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Yields: 2 poached eggs | Servings: 1 poached egg | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 5 g | Cholesterol 160 mg | Sodium: 61 mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 0 |
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Add 5 cups of water to a non-stick pan.
- 2. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- 3. Create a whirlpool by stirring the water in a circle with a whisk.
- 4. Crack egg into a small bowl and carefully transfer egg to the whirlpool.
- 5. Remove egg after 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6. Serve and enjoy!
Do you want to up your egg game even more? Check out these 10 Surprising Ways to Eat Eggs!