Pair to superfoods in this refreshing, nutritious salad!
Kale Berry Salad is a delicious way to get this coveted dark, leafy green superfood into your diet. When sliced into ribbons, chewy kale is easier to eat than when trying to eat whole leaves. Be sure to remove the tough stalks and clean the leaves well. Tart cranberries or goji berries with seeds or pine nuts make this salad not only healthy, but full of texture, flavor, vitamins, and minerals. Take it to lunch or have it with dinner.
Do you want to try eating more goji berries? You can also try goji berries in these recipes:
Get more kale into your diet with these easy recipes:
Kale Berry Salad
- 2 kale bunches small, stems and center ribs removed or 1 (10 ounce) package baby kale leaves
- 1/4 cup goji berries dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds or pine nuts
- 1 cup blueberries fresh, stems removed and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado ripe; peeled, pitted and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stack kale leaves and slice crosswise into thin ribbons and add to a salad serving bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil and sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Toss to coat the leaves. Toss the berries and seeds with the lettuce to incorporate. Top the salad with the diced avocado and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Get all of the leafy greens you need with Skinny Ms. as your guide! Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter.