Impress your guests with this gorgeous spread!
Our Maine Lobster Bake is the perfect entrée for large families or gatherings. Serve it up on one big platter for easy clean-up so you can spend more time having fun! Not only is this a delicious and abundant meal, but it packs a powerful protein and omega-3 punch! Make this seafood bake for your next Summertime get-together. It’s so enjoyable that it may even become a new tradition!
A Summer Seafood Classic
This recipe is based on authentic Maine Lobster Bakes but with a healthy, lower-fat twist. This New England classic is a go-to summer favorite for family gatherings and festivities. We use classic Old Bay seasoning, a blend of 18 different spices, which originates from the Chesapeake Bay. Alternatively, you can try this recipe with Skinny Ms.’s own Seafood Seasoning. Check out your local fish market or grocery store for the freshest lobster, clams, and shrimp the day of the lobster bake! The fresher your seafood is, the better the flavor will be!
The Lobster Bake Packed with Healthy Fats
Seafood is a great low saturated fat and high protein choice. High in omega-3 fatty acids, ingredients like lobster, clams, and shrimp offer many benefits for heart health. Not to mention, omega-3s are great for your hair, skin, and nails! Seafood is considered a lean protein and shellfish, like the ones used in this recipe, are low-calorie. This makes it a great option for those looking to lose weight. Along with the healthy seafood fats in this recipe, we’ve swapped out the butter with olive and coconut oils to further reduce the concentration of saturated fat.
Our Spicy Lobster Sauce
Our spicy lobster sauce is a healthy, low-fat substitute from the usual garlic butter dip. It still offers that nice garlicky flavor, but has an added spicy twist from the hot chili sauce. Roast your garlic beforehand for a nice and smooth texture!
How to Make this Delicious Classic
Start by boiling some water with salt to soften the potatoes and corn. Once the water is boiling, add the corn and potatoes for about 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are half cooked, then drain and set aside. Don’t worry, the potatoes will finish cooking in the oven!
While those are boiling, combine the olive oil, garlic, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper to flavor the meal. If you are planning on using the Skinny Ms. seafood seasoning that we mentioned above, swap out the Old Bay, salt, and pepper!
You’ll also want to cut each lobster tail down the back, but not all the way through. This will ensure it is fully cooked and packed with flavor! Then, place the lobsters in a large bowl with the clams, shrimp, potatoes, and corn. Drizzle with the Old Bay mixture and gently mix to cover everything.
Spread the mixture over the lined baking sheet and cover with lemon slices for an extra citrusy flavor. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the clams open, potatoes are soft, and lobster meat is white.
Meanwhile, combine the Spicy Lobster sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Once fully baked, remove the lobster mixture from the oven, top with parsley, and serve with dipping sauce and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Maine Lobster Bake
- 3 pounds lobster tails
- 1 pound clams
- 1 pound shrimp deviened, tail on
- 3-4 ears corn husk removed
- 1 pound russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
Spicy Lobster Sauce
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2 garlic clove mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- In a large pot, boil 10 cups of water with salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Boil potatoes and corn in water for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are half cooked. Once finished, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil, garlic, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper
- Cut each lobster tail down the back but not all the way through, then place in a bowl with clams, shrimp, potatoes, and corn
- Drizzle with the Old Bay mixture and gently mix to cover everything
- Spread the mixture over the lined baking sheet
- Slice one lemon thinly and spread across the tray
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until clams open, potatoes are soft, and lobster meat is white
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- Slice remaining lemon into wedges
- Once fully baked, remove the lobster mixture from the oven, top with chopped parsley, and serve with dipping sauce and lemon wedges
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms