Herbal tea or Tisane, is any beverage infused with herbs, plants, spices, or roots in hot water. Unlike popular black and green teas, tisane doesn’t normally contain caffeine. Tisane is often used for its medicinal value, but it can also be enjoyed for its flavor. This tisane is made with two fresh ingredients taken straight from nature.
If you find yourself feeling tired and stressed, the rosemary in this tisane can increase circulation and boost immunity, which will increase your energy levels. The lemon is an immunity booster and an anti-inflammatory ingredient. Drink this tisane and enjoy great flavor and a host of health benefits.
Yields: 1 serving | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 29 | Total Fat: 0 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 0 mg | Carbohydrates: 7 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 0 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped untreated rosemary needles
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped untreated lemon zest
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon (more or less) honey, coconut palm sugar,or other clean eating sweetener
- Add the rosemary and lemon zest in a tea strainer then leave it inside a cup.
- Pour the hot water in the cup and steep for 15 minutes.
- Sweeten and enjoy.
If you liked our homemade tisane, you will also like our other tea drinks in SkinnyMs.:
Have you heard of our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection e-cookbook? It’s a treasure of 101 most popular fan recipes that we took note of and compiled in one book. Have a look!
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.